Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by primitiverenaissance View Post
    ...your several days (let's be honest) of feasting on turkey and seasonal veggies mean you come back from Thanksgiving setting new workout records, instead of feeling heavy and gross.
    +100

    (even if there was a bit of non primal indulgence I didn't stuff myself crazy and eat a TON of non primal bloat food!)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
      Long hair is a great indicator of diet and health for the past several months. Short hair doesn't tell you much.

      I'm still trying to get my wife off the shampoo, but I'm not sure if she'll do it. Maybe I can get her to try it over her Christmas break.
      You might try getting her a paraben-free shampoo like Kiss My Face as a stepping-stone. I'm down to KMF shampoo only from shampoo, conditioner and thrice-weekly deep conditioner (amazing what proper amounts of dietary fat will do for your hair).

      YKYAPW: You insist on saving the three quarts of rendered fat from the family Thanksgiving goose, and spend two days trying to figure out how to get it through airport security for the trip home.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
        You might try getting her a paraben-free shampoo like Kiss My Face as a stepping-stone. I'm down to KMF shampoo only from shampoo, conditioner and thrice-weekly deep conditioner (amazing what proper amounts of dietary fat will do for your hair).

        YKYAPW: You insist on saving the three quarts of rendered fat from the family Thanksgiving goose, and spend two days trying to figure out how to get it through airport security for the trip home.
        It's funny that you mention Kiss My Face, because that is the one that she swears up and down is way nastier than anything conventional that she has tried. They present the image of being good for you, but she reacts to KMF instantly, instead of over the course of a week or so like most other chemicals she comes across. That stuff is banned worse than conventional products in this house, for their deception. Do a bit of a search- even some of their bar soaps cause a reaction with people, and there is *no reason* to use any kind of preservative or nasty chemicals in bar soaps.

        We just figured out that the 7th Generation or 365 dishsoap (I forgot which, though I know what it looks like), even though there isn't anything obvious on the label that would cause a reaction, does in fact cause a reaction.
        Last edited by jfreaksho; 12-01-2011, 07:42 PM.

        Comment


        • When you size up every ledge you spot at just over head height and consider banging out a few chins.

          When you climb a tree every chance you get, can't get enough of that lately!
          Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

          https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

          Comment


          • When your skinny fat hiking buddy who you used to have to really work to keep up with is now huffing and puffing trying to keep up with you. And You're five years older.

            Comment


            • When you run 3 blogs and the first word in each domain is "primal" !!

              PRIMALtoad.com, PRIMALsmoothies.com, PRIMALconnect.org.
              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
                It's funny that you mention Kiss My Face, because that is the one that she swears up and down is way nastier than anything conventional that she has tried. They present the image of being good for you, but she reacts to KMF instantly, instead of over the course of a week or so like most other chemicals she comes across. That stuff is banned worse than conventional products in this house, for their deception. Do a bit of a search- even some of their bar soaps cause a reaction with people, and there is *no reason* to use any kind of preservative or nasty chemicals in bar soaps.

                We just figured out that the 7th Generation or 365 dishsoap (I forgot which, though I know what it looks like), even though there isn't anything obvious on the label that would cause a reaction, does in fact cause a reaction.
                Huh, that's interesting - I haven't had any sort of adverse reaction (though I don't use their soap; I've got Dr. Bronner's for that).

                Comment


                • When you have a five meat day! Yesterday I had pork, tuna, yellowtail, beef and chicken spread distributed across two meals.
                  My True Primal Story

                  Comment


                  • You're looking for something to eat late at night and go back to your movie armed with a pat of butter. (yes, I have done that. Salted, cultured butter.)

                    Comment


                    • ...when you turn on a Looney Tunes cartoon and think you're watching the Food Network.

                      Comment


                      • When the lady that serves you the food in the cafeteria doesn't like you because she's tired of telling you that another piece of steak will cost you double the meal, yet you keep asking for it XD

                        Comment


                        • ...when you feel guilty about your dog getting a grain cookie from the cashier at the register of PetSmart.

                          Comment


                          • Also, you know you're primal when you go grocery shopping while already on a 24 hour I.F. and walk around with an empty cart, then finally give up and just leave thinking "i'll try again tomorrow". LOL (this has happened to me)

                            Comment


                            • When you gather animal bones you found on your hike and consider making a necklace.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
                                When you gather animal bones you found on your hike and consider making a necklace.
                                But then decide against it because you didn't kill the animals yourself.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X