You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
    Thats just basic human instinct. We are predators as well as prey, afterall.
    Some people are more predator than others.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• When you can hear a field mouse eating the triscuts...and you just don't care! ^_^
      Down from 275 to 250!
      Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
      Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

• When one of your employees ask for time off to go hunting you strike a deal over some meat and scraps.

Comment

• When after spending 10 minutes making sure you've got the last drops of succulent bone marrow out of the lamb shank, it seems very natural that your ancestors first invented stone tools to smash the bone open.

Comment

• And, back to the field mice...

You wish you could eat them, because, hey, that's meat and bone going to waste! D:
            Down from 275 to 250!

Comment

• .... your dad gets you a reproduction Sabre-tooth Tiger skull for your birthday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Westly View Post
                And, back to the field mice...

You wish you could eat them, because, hey, that's meat and bone going to waste! D:
                Cook them whole then pound them down to a powder, then add them to a stew.
                www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Comment

• Originally posted by Blah View Post
                  Cook them whole then pound them down to a powder, then add them to a stew.
                  Mostly worried about them having eaten rat poison elsewhere...otherwise...YEP!
                  Down from 275 to 250!

Comment

• You lose power due to a freak snowstorm, and your first thought is for all the meat in your freezer.

(Fortunately, my boyfriend's grandfather still has power, and graciously allowed me to store my meat in his freezer. All my beautiful grass-fed beef and pastured bacon is safe! Though I am very cold at home.)

Comment

• You consider raisins a forbidden fruit.
                      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                        You lose power due to a freak snowstorm, and your first thought is for all the meat in your freezer.

(Fortunately, my boyfriend's grandfather still has power, and graciously allowed me to store my meat in his freezer. All my beautiful grass-fed beef and pastured bacon is safe! Though I am very cold at home.)
                        Also...not saying, just saying....wouldnt the entire outside be a freezer too?
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought that! A screen-porch might be a good idea, though, in case of critters. It'd be a lot of work to hunt them down to get your grassfed meat one way or another
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Nope, not when it's 48 degrees in the daytime. Believe me, I thought about it, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                              Nope, not when it's 48 degrees in the daytime. Believe me, I thought about it, too.
                              Ahhh, good call
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• When you go in your backyard at night in nothing but your boxers, in near freezing temperatures, to take a pee....because its more relaxing outside and you like the sound it makes when hitting the leaves

Comment

Working...
                                X