No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you fly from Cairo Egypt to Houston Texas barefoot (and get nothing but positive comments on the way)

When you start looking at the desert dogs in the area as a possible food source if it comes down to it.

When you have 3 types of shoes in your closet: Safety shoes (for work), VFF and none

When you spend a 3 day weekend completely barefoot, in shorts and occasionally wearing a shirt

You wear your VFF to the office (I can get away with that as long as I'm inside) and your office staff just shakes their heads at the crazy American.
    Last edited by texas.grok; 04-09-2011, 10:46 PM.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

When you eat more veggies each day then your vegetarian friend.
      Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

When you carry emergency butter around with you just in case.
        "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
          I nearly posted this exact same thing earlier! My boss (I am her nanny, watching her 2-year old twins) is a Vegetarian, although not a terribly strict one, and at any given time their menu options for lunch are macaroni and cheese with fruit, or sandwiches with fruit. The only veggies I routinely see in the fridge are salads and guacamole. Oh, there are some frozen soybeans (edamame) in the freezer too. It will be nice when it's the summer and I don't have to worry about keeping my son from eating crap while I'm at work, he is less than happy when they get graham crackers (full of corn syrup) and he doesn't.

Comment

Your stove always seems to be covered in a layer of meat fat splatters even though you clean it faithfully.
            HAHA...You've been in my kitchen it seems.
            My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
              When you fly from Cairo Egypt to Houston Texas barefoot (and get nothing but positive comments on the way)
              Wow. Really?! I am flying from Grand Rapids to LAX on Thursday. I am now officially going barefoot!!!!!!!!!

I love it. Its amazing how us paleo people eat more veggies then VEGEtarians!

Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
              I nearly posted this exact same thing earlier! My boss (I am her nanny, watching her 2-year old twins) is a Vegetarian, although not a terribly strict one, and at any given time their menu options for lunch are macaroni and cheese with fruit, or sandwiches with fruit. The only veggies I routinely see in the fridge are salads and guacamole. Oh, there are some frozen soybeans (edamame) in the freezer too. It will be nice when it's the summer and I don't have to worry about keeping my son from eating crap while I'm at work, he is less than happy when they get graham crackers (full of corn syrup) and he doesn't.
              Guess what?! Tomatoes and Avocado (in the guac) and soybeans are NOT even veggies! They are fruit and then, well, fake beans. How about that?! Maybe they really don't eat any veggies?
              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                Wow. Really?! I am flying from Grand Rapids to LAX on Thursday. I am now officially going barefoot!!!!!!!!!
                I should say that I was flying KLM (Dutch airline) all the way and they are a bit more tolerant of such things than US airlines may be. Lots of friendly questions and comments. Okay, likely the Egyptian security guys in Cairo were laughing and talking about me but a) it was in Arabic and b) I don't really care anyway.
                Randal

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                  I should say that I was flying KLM (Dutch airline) all the way and they are a bit more tolerant of such things than US airlines may be. Lots of friendly questions and comments. Okay, likely the Egyptian security guys in Cairo were laughing and talking about me but a) it was in Arabic and b) I don't really care anyway.
                  I'm not sure about airports, but once you get on the plane I don't think anyone will have much of an issue. Whenever I fly, first thing I do is ditch the shoes. I often leave my socks on, but shoes come off. I've never had an issue and I've flown with just about every major airline.
                  Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

...when you're chopping up a bell pepper and it reminds you of ventricles.

Comment

When you're emotionally conflicted between joyful and ticked off because the clothes you bought last month are too big, AND all of your friends and co-workers insist you need to go to the doctor because no one eating the amount of bacon, olive oil, butter, pork chops, steak and hamburger covered in guacamole could possibly be losing weight (so I must have some dreaded disease - gasp !)
                      Last edited by Karate Lisa; 04-10-2011, 07:49 AM.
                      "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

...when you're deeply sickened and disgusted by CW and what it has done to the health of our nation.

Comment

When you go to the grocery store(like today) and let out a big whoop when you see that the organic butter is on sale at 2.50 off and you load up. When you spend several minutes in the yogurt section trying to find out if your store sells Greek yogurt and start muttering when you discover that the only type it has is a couple flavored with fruit and sugar. Then even more so when a lady comes up hears the muttering and you comment on your frustration of not being able to get plain yogurt with fat in it and she looks at you like you are some sort of alien. Then when you go to the checkout with 6 sticks of butter and some lard in your cart and the nice lady comments "Doing some baking?", and I say nope "I just eat and cook with this" and she gives you a funny look.

Comment

When you are out walking around and start playing with large rocks for exercise

When the other people at work look at you funny because you are carrying around buckets of rocks (farmer's carry)
                            Randal

Comment

This just happened. You have a conversation with your mother and tell her that you lost an inch off your hips in a week even though you didn't exercise tons and jammed more fat in your diet (on purpose) in that week then you probably did in a month of weeks. "Mom I swear I even ate spoonfuls of butter!" (Yes I know not the best thing to do but I'm new and on a couple of days was really off on fats and it was the only thing I had. LOL)

Comment

when the butcher tells you that your dog is spoiled because of the amount of offal you buy and you tell him " I don't have a dog , this is for me ! "
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paleo-...43036789093004

Comment

Working...
                                X