No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You walk to the grocery store and on the way home run barefoot through the sprinklers in the name of 'play.'
    Peace. Love. Steak.

Comment

• The cops pull up behind you while you are waiting for a tow from AAA at midnight, and - thinking you are a drug dealer - ask you what is inside the 4'x 4' x 6' cooler next to you. Without missing a beat, you reply: "fish heads", and proceed to show the cop you are indeed toting 3 yellowfin tuna heads + carcasses... cue dumb stares.

Comment

• You have to do a special order for your favorite meat vendor at the farmer's market to make sure he'll have on hand your monthly breakfast needs: 4 bison tongues, 4 lbs bison liver, 10lbs of bone marrow, and a 4lb hump roast. You are 100% certain you are his #1 consumer of bison tongue and liver.

You exchange emails with the farmer and send him photos you find online of bison carcasses and the hunks of fat inside of it and plead with him to make tallow.

You take photos of your kids ripping meat off of big lamb bones and post them on Facebook.

You do farmer's walks in your neighborhood with 2 pood (70lb) kettlebells.

You have homemade bone broth with meatballs and least twice a week for dinner.

You love saving offal scraps to feed your dog.
        Last edited by JeffC; 08-17-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• When DH tells you he 'may' be going on a hunting trip with a business client in the fall, you say "Great! That means we will get some venison!" and start looking up recipes. Never mind that I have never had venison before....

Comment

• When you read this thread and think "hey - I do that" or "Great idea - gotta try that" at almost every post!

Comment

• When you read "my dog ate my ribeye" and your first thought was "eat the dog"
              "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                It was more of a "oh yeah, I DO have a heart..."
                The first time my boyfriend found me in the kitchen preparing heart, he called me his "moon and stars." I was tickled.

Comment

• ...muktuk tastes better when dipped in seal oil...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                    The first time my boyfriend found me in the kitchen preparing heart, he called me his "moon and stars." I was tickled.
                    HA! That man is a keeper. Did you tie another bell in his hair and take a big bite out of the heart?

Comment

• Your toddler is getting hungry for lunch and yelling "Meat!!!! MEAT!!!!" at the top of his lungs while waiting for you to give him his food.

When an older sibling asks what's for dinner, the toddler promptly replies, "meat!"

Leftovers are no longer a dirty word because everyone prefers Primal meals over SAD any day.

Someone gives your kid a piece of blueberry bread, and they say, "Mom, that didn't taste very good. It was too sweet."
                      Amy
                      ~wife and mother

Started primal a month before the end of my pregnancy with P who is now 1. Went from a size 14 down to a size 4 in less than a year. Now sitting at 20-21% body fat, a solid 130 pounds, and 5'9". Feeling better than ever before, and able to run around and chase my 5 little boys who range in age from 14 months up to 11.5 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        HA! That man is a keeper. Did you tie another bell in his hair and take a big bite out of the heart?
                        Alas, we had to cut his hair for a job interview a couple months ago (plus shave his six- or seven-inch-long beard). I wept.

Comment

Alas, we had to cut his hair for a job interview a couple months ago (plus shave his six- or seven-inch-long beard). I wept.
                          Very sad.

Comment

• how did I miss this thread? Like it!

Comment

That is very sad. a man should not cut his hair unless he is defeated in battle

Comment

• You stop using deodorant because you don't smell anymore, but notice how taken aback your friends are when you share this piece of info about yourself. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X