No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .......when you are out eating at the local mexican restaurant with your family and/or friends and guiltlessly order the guacamole dip and eat it without the chips and with a spoon as the people around you look at you like you have lost your marbles hehehehe.

.......when a Georgia girl prefers water over sweet tea and the thought of a biscuit makes her feel sick to her stomach.

.......when you are more excited about Tabita sprints than checking your family and friends FB status updates.

.......when you can't live without Mark's Daily Apple and it's the first and last forum you check every day.

.......when you are dropping the kids off at family's for a week and you have a 2 page printed list of foods NOT allowed and have to explain that peanuts are NOT a nut and that corn is NOT a vegetable.

.......when you pick up the box of 5 dozen eggs at Walmart and have a sinking feeling it's probably just not going to be enough to get you through the week.

.......when you see only 7 packs of bacon in the freezer and know you probably need at least 5 more just to be safe.

.......when cauliflower is the new "rice".

Comment

• When you take the wrapper from the just used butter and wipe the remnants all over your hands as hand cream.
      Yes, I've done that twice now without even thinking about it.
      "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• Originally posted by primitiverenaissance View Post
        ...you find yourself snacking on meat and eggs without feeling the need to cook them every time.
        .... wut

Comment

• Originally posted by primitiverenaissance View Post

...you find yourself snacking on meat and eggs without feeling the need to cook them every time.
          Do you know my son??
          "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• When you wonder why the hell your coworker feels the need for 3 meals a day when two meals is WAYYY too much food.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• When you have a batch of venison jerky going in the dehydrator, a leg of goat in the crock pot, and a southwestern lamb meatloaf in the oven all at once and even though it's a warm day you don't feel like opening too many windows because the good smells will all get out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                When you have a batch of venison jerky going in the dehydrator, a leg of goat in the crock pot, and a southwestern lamb meatloaf in the oven all at once and even though it's a warm day you don't feel like opening too many windows because the good smells will all get out.
                I frequently make the entire apartment building smell like some sort of meaty stew ALL day. I don't think anyone is complaining though... jealousy on the other hand, haha
                I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• you snicker at people who eat sugary snacks becasue you know ( not guess) that they are selecting themselves out of the gene pool
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• When you plan to have a piece of Easter candy for a treat, but couldn't decide because they were unappetizing , and then end up completely forgetting about it until months later.

Srsly, that's just crazy talk from me. I use to eat an entire bag of wee eggs, without fail every Easter. Only remembered today, when I was looking at someone's old blog posts.
                    Last edited by jandge; 06-01-2011, 09:55 AM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                    Congenital Hypothyroid
                    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• ...when you arrange your freezer by "species"....

Comment

• Watching Deadliest Catch last night and cringing as one crew trashed another with crate fulls of fresh eggs.
                        Looking at the calendar and realizing only four and half months before deer season opens ! WoooHooo !
                        Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• When you plan on having 4 different kinds of meat for your birthday with berries for dessert.
                          Cow, salmon, chicken and pig, for those who were wondering.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• When liver, something you used to find gag inducing, is now a regular staple item on the grocery list.

Comment

• When you grill two pounds of steak at high noon to get a little extra boost of sunlight for the day.
                              My Journal
                              Fat Kid Turned Personal Trainer, Nutrition + Lifestyle Coach
                              http://www.kentmccannfitness.com to contact me!
                              Also on Twitter, FB, and Fitocracy!

Comment

• When the grocery store cashiers all think you're vegetarian (because all your meat is bought from farmers).
                                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Working...
                                X