No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you're watching "Bizarre Foods" with Andrew Zimmerman (sp?) and you say to yourself "you know, those testicles look pretty tasty."

Then you say to yourself "wtf did I just say?!?"
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      When you see this picture and don't think, "Ooo yuck." Rather, "Ooooo yummmm."
      Yum indeed. I worked at a restaurant years ago that served gator tail (And legs in the chili and ribs) and I would snack on it. Back then the only gators that could legally be harvested were nuisance gators and the trapper would sometimes swing by on his way from picking one up and he'd have it in the back of his truck, still alive. Poor gator probably knew something bad was coming but it shouldn't have been born so delicious.
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Y'all down south there should start a business shipping gator meat to hungry northern and western primals. You could charge quite a markup.

Comment

• I drive to work now and all i see is road kill i never used to see road kill, and i doubt that there is more of it today that 4 years ago
          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

When you see this picture and don't think, "Ooo yuck." Rather, "Ooooo yummmm."
            Do I loose primal cred if my first thought was "Oh shoes"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasintrail View Post
              My second thought after, "Ooo yumm" was "Ooo, handbag".

Comment

• Not allowed to sell the meat. A bit less restrictive on the hide. The delicious bastards are everywhere down here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasintrail View Post
                  No, my first thought was "Oooh, a quiver!".
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Almost....I was using a 45# recurve and it simply wasn't enough oomph so I switched to a....are you ready for this???.....SPEAR. That's right dammit, a fucking homemade sprear named 'shockazulu'!

The tide had come up and the gators where in the trees....needed the extra ass that 'shockazulu' provided to get through the limbs.

I have a pic of 'shockazulu' somewhere....lemme go round it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalton View Post
                      Not allowed to sell the meat. A bit less restrictive on the hide. The delicious bastards are everywhere down here....
                      So pack it up on ice in a styrofoam container and overnight FexEx it out here and I'll Paypal you. Who's to know?

Comment

• Ha! Here we go....

It's kinda aggravating because it's not like you see on "Swamp People" or whatever that show is called where those coonasses kill the shit outta gators. SC law requires you to attach a line to the gator before you can shoot it....dead gators sink, btw.

Gator arrows have a barbed head on them that detaches from the arrow shaft, or in this case 'shockazulu', and stays in the gator. A line is attached to the point with a float on the end. About the only place you can get it to stick in is a small pocket in front of the shoulder and behind the jaw. Once it's in you use the attached line to ease the gator, who may or may not be a great mood at this point, up to the side of the boat where you then put a round from pistol in his little walnut sized brain, tape his mouth shut, drag him over into the boat, sever the spinal chord with a knife, attach a tag to his tail then proceed home where you clean and eat his ass

Comment

So pack it up on ice in a styrofoam container and overnight FexEx it out here and I'll Paypal you. Who's to know?
                          No one. I won't get a tag this year, but next.....

Comment

• ......when you are shopping for coconut water and get irate when you find some only to read the label and see "sugar" listed as an ingredient.

......when you go running through the local grocery store with your buggy not caring how many people you run over, just so you can get to the "Asian food" isle, praying another Grok friend hasn't bought all the coconut milk.

Comment

• Originally posted by enigmaxxvi View Post
                              ......when you are shopping for coconut water and get irate when you find some only to read the label and see "sugar" listed as an ingredient.

......when you go running through the local grocery store with your buggy not caring how many people you run over, just so you can get to the "Asian food" isle, praying another Grok friend hasn't bought all the coconut milk.
                              I had to go to THREE supermarkets to find coconut milk this weekend. Some bastard had bought out everything at both of the mall's supermarkets!
                              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
                                I had to go to THREE supermarkets to find coconut milk this weekend. Some bastard had bought out everything at both of the mall's supermarkets!
                                I have had the same thing happen and it's extremely frustrating. The only thing that keeps me from throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the isle is convincing myself that it's a fellow GROK and not someone who doesn't understand that it's like gold in a primal house lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X