Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahaha!

Comment

• I grew very fond of gator while on a road trip through the deep south. Blackened cajun style on a caesar salad in New Orleans and deep fried at roadside diners everywhere. Out here in California, I can only get it at one "specialty" meat place occasionally and it is outrageously expensive.

Comment

• When gator threads make you want to go out in the field and liberate a few grass and rattle snakes off the property.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• When your co-worker is cooking up some beef fat and your mouth starts to water..
          "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
          Currant: 136 lbs
          Goal: 125 lbs
          11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Comment

• ...you stop feeling weird about, and start indulging, your desire to buy meats just because they come from an animal you've never eaten before.

...you find yourself snacking on meat and eggs without feeling the need to cook them every time.

...you start to actually enjoy being looked at suspiciously for your VFFs, or for being a grown person playing on a jungle gym.

...you log way fewer hours working out than any of your friends, but are in way better shape than all of them.

Comment

• When you finally took the leap and ate the butter that came with the bread, and didnt care about the horrified looks from my dinner date!

When you're mother asks you how your cholesterol is and you suddenly go on a 10 minute rant about how we've been lied to from CW, and you don't even notice when you're mother left the room 5 minutes ago....
                You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
                Margaret Thatcher

Comment

• Originally posted by primitiverenaissance View Post
                  ...you stop feeling weird about, and start indulging, your desire to buy meats just because they come from an animal you've never eaten before.

+1
                  No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                  -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• ...When your dog doesn't misbehave out of fear you'll eat him... seriously...
                    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ELCO14 View Post
                      ...When your dog doesn't misbehave out of fear you'll eat him... seriously...
                      My father threatens the dogs and cats my mother keeps (long back story) with "I think I'll make Chinese food or Korean barbecue here soon." Watching the animals scatter to the 4 winds at comments like that is freaking hilarious.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        My father threatens the dogs and cats my mother keeps (long back story) with "I think I'll make Chinese food or Korean barbecue here soon." Watching the animals scatter to the 4 winds at comments like that is freaking hilarious.
                        Haha- I usually just give him the stink eye, but I may have to implement this plan too!
                        Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

• When you spend the afternoon tromping through the hills in your VFFs with a bow and arrow. (Not hunting. I'm not good enough for that. But we have a lovely field range with targets interspersed throughout the hills.)
                          This sounds awesome!

When you wish it were socially acceptable to carry a spear around with you. Everywhere. Those deer just like to get a little too close...

Comment

• When you sneakily drink full fat cream and feel guilty cos you know Grok was never that lucky.

When you realise youre the only one who loves the chicken thigh off the bone and hates the dry breast.

When you realise all you crave is to eat an entire animal. and you manage it. (chicken in my case lol)

When you wish every meal could be a barbeque
                            www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

• When you watch squirrels out you window and wonder what they'd taste like...
                              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalton View Post
                                When you see this picture and don't think, "Ooo yuck." Rather, "Ooooo yummmm."

Comment

Working...
                                X