No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you're making a salad that will be refrigerated for at least 4 hours (and not reheated because it's a salad) with bacon and eggs, look at the grease in the pan, shrug, and pour it over the salad.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
      Tell me how to find these exotic meat dealers, rightnowtodayplease!!
      Please please please? I'll jump a plane...

When you spend most of the day Sunday rendering lard and the rest of it lovingly gazing at the 5 pretty jars of fat and smelling the air of your house. Oh lovely lovely piggy smell..... mmmmmm

Comment

• ... you attend Primal Con
        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

• In the hallway with coworker discussing splitting a lamb and clearing up freezer space to do so:

CW1: yeah, I have a lot of bodies in my freezer that need boiled up
          CW2 (walking by): <Bug eyed look> Eeeeep <walks faster>
          Me: <dies laughing>

Comment

• When you get really annoyed at yourself because you accidentally bought "lite" coconut milk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasintrail View Post
              In the hallway with coworker discussing splitting a lamb and clearing up freezer space to do so:

CW1: yeah, I have a lot of bodies in my freezer that need boiled up
              CW2 (walking by): <Bug eyed look> Eeeeep <walks faster>
              Me: <dies laughing>
              LMAO!!! Thats great!!
              "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
              Currant: 136 lbs
              Goal: 125 lbs
              11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• When you're with your boyfriend's family during a shopping trip, they're planning a bbq, and you fail to see what the problem is when the shop's sold out of bread rolls xD
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• I had to buy some rice for my dog the other day at the grocery store where I've been shopping for 8 months. I had to ask for help to find it! I didn't even know where the pasta aisle was
                  Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• When you're cooking fish heads (for stock for simmering your Good Friday octopus) and jokingly ask the kids, "Who wants a fish eyeball?" and two of them shout, "I do! I do!"

Even I was surprised, lol. BTW, the 4yo loved it, the 6yo gave it to the cat.
                    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Happy cat!

When you spend the afternoon tromping through the hills in your VFFs with a bow and arrow. (Not hunting. I'm not good enough for that. But we have a lovely field range with targets interspersed throughout the hills.)

Comment

• When you make your kids tuna sandwiches ans cheetos for lunch and they gobble down your sardines and avacado.
                        I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jammies View Post
                          I had to buy some rice for my dog the other day at the grocery store where I've been shopping for 8 months. I had to ask for help to find it! I didn't even know where the pasta aisle was
                          This happened to me! I couldn't find the pasta after we moved her. We had lived here for about 4-5 months
                          Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• You eat left over liver as a snack because it tastes good!
                            Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Eeeek... not so much there.

So how did you make it?
                              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• I made up some almond meal and coated it (instead of flour) and fried thin slices in butter. I set the liver to warm in the oven and using that pan, sauteed onions and garlic and deglazed with red wine, then served that stuff on top of the liver - its still good even cold from the fridge in tupperware!
                                Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Working...
                                X