You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    Well the chicken skin IS the very best part.. oh and soo is the crispy little remains on the pan after it's been cooled.. yum!
    Reminds me of "Sham Harga had run a successful eatery for many years by always smiling, never extending credit, and realizing that most of his customers wanted meals properly balanced between the four food groups: sugar, starch, grease, and burnt crunchy bits." Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms

Comment

• You have a cool butcher!

Comment

• - When you get giddy dining at a French restaurant to find a simple "chicken liver salad."
        ...And the waiter, upon hearing your request, speaks the item back to you in English...because of COURSE Amer'cans don't eat liver.

- When the exotic meat dealers at Borough Market know you by sight and are quick to recommend a steak you haven't tried. Mmm, zebra this week!

Comment

• Originally posted by welcometogoodburger View Post
          When you find yourself wishing chicken was all skin.
          When you wonder where all the skin off of the skinless chickens at the market goes.
          Beware of fake meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
            When you drop the kid off at the playground and then run up the sled hill 4-5 times. You then proceed to put said child on the seesaw and 'lift' them while squatting. You use the platform on the playground equipment to work on push-ups and the lower monkey bar set to work on assisted pull-ups. You then return to the sled hill to go running up a few more times. Rinse and repeat.... about 3-4 times. All the while chuckling at the moms sitting at the picnic table giving you funny looks! When you are done, pick up grokling and give her a piggy back ride back to the car
            You know they're saying, "Is that woman retarded or something?". It's a great something!
            Beware of fake meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
              Sorry, that's been happening in my family for years and I'm the only one who eats this way.
              haha as kids in our family too. We also used to fight over the crackling skin on pork roasts. Now that we're all grown up, everyone is concerned about eating too much fat at the family dinners so I get all the delicious goodness of crispy skins off the roasts to myself
              Major YUM!

Comment

• -When you get odd looks from the teenage department store clerk when you ask him to get a chinup bar down from the top shelf for you

-When you roll down a hill (princess bride style) with your kids when you take them to the park (it was so much fun )
                Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Curmujeon View Post
                  When you wonder where all the skin off of the skinless chickens at the market goes.
                  When you wonder why they don't package it up and sell it.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodangels View Post
                    haha as kids in our family too. We also used to fight over the crackling skin on pork roasts. Now that we're all grown up, everyone is concerned about eating too much fat at the family dinners so I get all the delicious goodness of crispy skins off the roasts to myself
                    Major YUM!
                    The adults in my family fight for it too. Until you get the size to take the meat in my family you need to sneak it, like a human stealing from sleeping lions.
                    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• The skin goes into low quality sausages and chicken nuggets. Maybe they're not so bad after all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenixflame View Post
                        - When the exotic meat dealers at Borough Market know you by sight and are quick to recommend a steak you haven't tried. Mmm, zebra this week!
                        Tell me how to find these exotic meat dealers, rightnowtodayplease!!
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• ...you absentmindedly eat a raw ribeye with your penknife while watching TV....

Comment

• When your doctor's appt goes through lunch with a 1.5 hr wait and you don't have time to eat, yet you're more pissed about the time you'll have to make up after 5 than you are about not eating lunch.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• You have a long conversation with your favorite pig farmer about the best way to render lard, and you both shake your heads over the people who complain about the lovely fat on the chops and bacon.

People love your cooking because your secret ingredient is fat.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• You wear a T shirt on travel days to and from Primal Con that says "Bacon is Rad, Gluten is Bad." You get looks that you love. A lady comments that she loves the shirt and you smile. Then just before you board your final plane a lady your age asks where you got the shirt. That lady ends up buying one.

This happened to me and I loved it.
                                Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X