No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you look at the nopales cactus at the training center and wonder when it blooms and if it's been sprayed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• When the meat drawer in your fridge is constantly falling out because it is not designed to handle the weight of all the stuff you have crammed in it
      Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• When a deer hits your car, does a mid-air 360 and runs off and you're thinking, "Why couldn't you have died!! You would have been delicious!!"
        Georgette

Comment

• This just happened 5 minutes ago.

... when you go through the weekly circular and get ticked off because all the coupons are for processed crap you won't eat!

Comment

• Sadly, I realized I couldn't coupon years ago for that very reason.

Originally posted by geostump View Post
            So it really does taste like chicken????
            Most things really fall into a very few categories. Chicken, seafood, fish, & beef just about cover it. Rabbit is a little stewier than chicken ... some say it tastes like cat. LOL. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and it's not weird at all.

When your 9yo at the grocery store looks over another mom's cart and says, "Wow, her cart is basically the opposite of ours!" (and of course, I shushed him before I got the evil eye from her).
            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• When you see a deer while walking and instantly look for a rock big enough to kill it with. The damned thing was gone by the time I got to the rock.
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• When, as you're driving, you see fat people along the road and say to yourself (or your passenger), "that guy eats bread".

Comment

• -When you're sick, and hunting for comfort food, and realize that while appealing because it's easy, leftover Little Caesar's really isn't all that appetizing a thought.
                  -When you skip the free food at the training seminar because it was pizza and IFing was more appealing.
                  -When you field questions about you not eating with "I'm not hungry and I can't eat [x] anyways," and drop the topic.
                  -When you've so radically altered your sense of sweet tastes that REALLY sweet things (sweetened with something other than cane or fruit sugar) simply don't register as sweet anymore. I discovered this a few days ago (pre-cold) with a piece of white chocolate. All I could taste was cocoa butter, wax, and some sort of chemical.
                  -When you don't even realize how radically different you are from the average SOB until they start talking about stuff like "I get so cranky if I don't eat," "I had a bowl of Crispix for breakfast because I'm trying to be good," "This is healthy, there's no fat and I used whole grain flour."
                  -When you've freaked the butcher out a little by asking for the fat they just trimmed off someone else's brisket. Then you freak them out even more by asking for other scraps. Just to complete the freak out: "Your dog's one lucky pup!" "What dog? I don't have any pets."
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• When your kids say "I can't believe it! Mom made green beans taste good!" And your husband says "Yea, she put pork fat on them."
                    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• Originally posted by gojirama View Post
                      When your kids say "I can't believe it! Mom made green beans taste good!" And your husband says "Yea, she put pork fat on them."
                      Southern green beans: Salt pork, bacon, green bean, stock, garlic, onion, and black pepper. That's the ONLY way to eat green beans (unless it's raw in a salad or in a stirfry.)
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oooh, that sounds delicious! *drool* . I did carmelize a whole onion with them in the fat.
                        I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                        Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                        "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• When you need to buy a bigger fridge.

Comment

• When you eat the butter in a restaurant but leave the roll.

Comment

• When you can use your toes to do things like pickup a dropped pencil and it freaks your friends out as being unnatural.
                              Randal
                              AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                              http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                                When you can use your toes to do things like pickup a dropped pencil and it freaks your friends out as being unnatural.
                                I picked up my dropped shower glove in the shower with my toes without even thinking about it. I can't do that with VFFs, though, and it irks me when I go to do that and realize I hafta take off barefoot shoes to do so. *sigh* The prices I pay to be able to earn and buy food.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X