You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Not for this American. I also don't do reality TV.
    Cultural trends are interesting. Only those who don't participate are even aware of them.

I don't have a television myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
      Not for this American. I also don't do reality TV.
      I don't know if walking around to look at all the colors is considered recreational shopping, but I'll plead guilty if it is. I rarely ever come home with anything though; can't stand clutter or trinkets.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
        I don't know if walking around to look at all the colors is considered recreational shopping, but I'll plead guilty if it is. I rarely ever come home with anything though; can't stand clutter or trinkets.
        Recreational shopping is when you go out to buy stuff even though you don't need it because you already have something very much like it. Recreational shopping is when you have to give away clothes every year because you keep buying and don't have room to keep perfectly good clothing that isn't even out of style. Recreational shopping is where you feel guilty if you don't go out and shop on a day when you're supposed to, but you aren't even sure why. Recreational shopping is where you go shopping when you're bored and for no other reason. Recreational shopping is buying stuff that's on sale, even though you have no use for it, but it's such a bargain!

Window shopping only is not recreational shopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
          This very evening, at church, delivering up two teen daughters for an overnight lock-in, where dinner was to be made in the church kitchen - first off, mine brought bacon. Lots of bacon. Then, as all the adoring boys gather 'round my one daughter, who commandeered the knife and the stove, as the rest of them obviously couldn't cook, started pontificating on the virtues of bacon fat to the girls, who all were "ewwwwww" either because of vegetarianism or a dislike of fat in general.

Her first kitchen command - "don't any of you DARE throw out the bacon fat!! I'm sautéeing onions in that!!!" I think I am going to hafta beat one of the young males off with a bat when I get to church tomorrow morning...
          She gets it.
          5'4/125

Comment

• Originally posted by cmjg7517 View Post
            She gets it.
            *She'll get it

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbeast View Post
              YKYPW...

... You've pondered shifting your life around completely, job-wise and all, so you can a) sell your car and b) use the car payment money to buy more bacon.
              "Sometimes, you gotta crash the truck to get the insurance money to make the truck payment."

What your post reminds me off.

Comment

• YKWYPW,

You walk past a bakery and it smells like chemicals there while the butcher next door smells like heaven
                My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                  YKWYPW,

You walk past a bakery and it smells like chemicals there while the butcher next door smells like heaven
                  You know you are primal when you walk past a candy store and it smells like chemicals from all the artificial flavorings and junk they add to perfectly good chocolate, that is now ruined.

Comment

• ...when you hug your sweetie and he smells like BBQ smoke and you go, "yummmm".

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                      Recreational shopping is when you go out to buy stuff even though you don't need it because you already have something very much like it. Recreational shopping is when you have to give away clothes every year because you keep buying and don't have room to keep perfectly good clothing that isn't even out of style. Recreational shopping is where you feel guilty if you don't go out and shop on a day when you're supposed to, but you aren't even sure why. Recreational shopping is where you go shopping when you're bored and for no other reason. Recreational shopping is buying stuff that's on sale, even though you have no use for it, but it's such a bargain!

Window shopping only is not recreational shopping.
                      So I have recreational shopping to thank for all the lovely new, cute, well-fitting items I keep getting from charity shops? To be honest, charity-shopping is more fun than recreational shopping. Charity shopping is hunting for a good bargain, going out to get 3 t-shirts and not having a clue what sort of style they'll be in, getting everything for cheap and being happy that the money's going to a good cause. Recreational shopping sounds like Orwellian "supply limitation", but individual and self-imposed.
                      --
                      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochin View Post
                        So I have recreational shopping to thank for all the lovely new, cute, well-fitting items I keep getting from charity shops? To be honest, charity-shopping is more fun than recreational shopping. Charity shopping is hunting for a good bargain, going out to get 3 t-shirts and not having a clue what sort of style they'll be in, getting everything for cheap and being happy that the money's going to a good cause. Recreational shopping sounds like Orwellian "supply limitation", but individual and self-imposed.
                        It's really only a problem for those who can't afford it, or who otherwise feel the need to do it even though they don't like doing it.

Comment

• YKYPW eating brie cheese spread on pork rinds makes more sense to you than spreading it on bread or crackers.

Kochin, I love the thrifts! I hadn't had an office job in years and years, and when I got one, I got five blouses, four pairs of office-appropriate slacks, and a suede Anne Klein skirt from a thrift for less than $70. I had to cut out four shoulder pads, but otherwise, they were just lovely.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            YKYPW eating brie cheese spread on pork rinds makes more sense to you than spreading it on bread or crackers.

Kochin, I love the thrifts! I hadn't had an office job in years and years, and when I got one, I got five blouses, four pairs of office-appropriate slacks, and a suede Anne Klein skirt from a thrift for less than $70. I had to cut out four shoulder pads, but otherwise, they were just lovely.
                            Pork rinds are better than crackers for everything. Try then with guacamole.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• When your xmas list consists of coconut oil, certificate from the local butcher and meat for beef jerky....and your family knows you are not kidding!
                              44 F 5'5
                              SW 205.4
                              CW 180.4
                              GW 150

Comment

• When you ask for dark chocolate and hope people don't get you the cheap artificially flavored 60% "dark" chocolate. 90% at minimum, please.

When your workout takes less time than other people's warmups, and you don't do warmups.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X