Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
    I think that's just being a geek

Liek how we joke that we're bolstering each others immune systems....
    At least I'm a funny geek... he laughed

Merl wtf - are you going for the "War and Peace" of sigs?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• When you plan to roast a whole duck as a surprise for your girlfriend's birthday so you grab a package of duck feet at the store beforehand (for the broth), she doesn't think it is strange, ask what it is for, or figure out what you have planned.

When that duck's carcass is still floating around in the slow cooker, along with half the feet, 3 days later.

When you buy a package of Kerrygold cheese and are horrified to see it is covered in mold.

When you email the company about it and they mail you a big box of grass fed cheeses and butters.

When you can't wait to get home and get the mail for that big box of grass fed cheeses and butters.

Comment

• YKYAPW the beheaded salmon is cool enough to be picked up and you do pick it up, playfully growl or grunt, and take a big bite out of the best part.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          YKYAPW the beheaded salmon is cool enough to be picked up and you do pick it up, playfully growl or grunt, and take a big bite out of the best part.
          When you read this and think that the head probably IS the best part! (assuming the roe is gone)

Comment

• I know, but where I buy them from is too remote for special orders. I do get head... heads from a friend who works in a restaurant. Fish head soup is yummy.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I do get head...
              here we go

Comment

• (Maybe we can just imagine that part?)

YKYPW you watch this -
                BBC News - Squat your way to a free metro ride in Moscow
                - and think how much money you could save if they'd introduce this near you.

Comment

• When you ask for grass-fed liver, bacon and onions for your birthday meal.

Finding a restaurant that serves grass-fed bone marrow, served in the bone, excites you.

Comment

• YKYPW when you can identify with this photo. This morning I had to meet someone for a ride to work and it was 15 minutes away. I had my backpack with my laptop in it (among other junk), my backpack I use for fitness with about 45 lbs. of sand, another smaller bag and a hardcase with a large medical kit inside. Yep, carried it all. Guy I was meeting thought I was nuts.

Randal
                    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• LOL, Texas Grok. I can identify. I've been trying to use my car less and my legs more (supplemented by public transit). The feeling of "oh crap, I'm going to fall over backwards" when I've over-filled my backpack and I'm still lugging more bags has occurred.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• It is always a debate for me between hauling more weight up 3 flights of stairs or taking two trips with weight up the stairs. I usually go with one trip with more weight, and I run up the stairs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

LOL, Texas Grok. I can identify. I've been trying to use my car less and my legs more (supplemented by public transit). The feeling of "oh crap, I'm going to fall over backwards" when I've over-filled my backpack and I'm still lugging more bags has occurred.
                          Get a folding shopping cart. I had one the years I didn't have a car, and I absolutely wore it out.

Comment

• Bicycle. Paniers. (Downside: it takes me 10 minutes to unpack everything from bags and cram it into paniers.) 30lb+ of shopping gets home that way (and I'm small and not remotely fit).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                              Bicycle. Paniers. (Downside: it takes me 10 minutes to unpack everything from bags and cram it into paniers.) 30lb+ of shopping gets home that way (and I'm small and not remotely fit).
                              I have grocery panniers they just clip on to my bike rack. I take them into the store and fill them and then when I get home I unclip them and bring them in and unload, couldn't be faster.
                              Amazon.com: Avenir Metro 2.0 Shopping Pannier (1, 100 - Cubic Inches): Sports & Outdoors
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• I have a folding cart, though I call it my old lady cart. It's perfect for some things. However, if I fill it too full, it's a bitch to get on the bus or streetcar and I have to make sure I'm doing it during non-rush hours because it's kind of rude to pull one of those things into a crowded bus.

If anyone ever sees me post that I'll ride a bike in this city, please send the men in white coats. Between the state of the roads, the tourists, and the drunk drivers, I will never ride a bike here. Which is a shame, because I enjoy bikes. I can get about 30 pounds of groceries home in my giant backpack and a couple of light carries, but I really like it better when the load is a tad lighter.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X