Larabars in Santa Monica shopping strip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larabars in Santa Monica shopping strip

Hi everyone - where can I buy Larabars from? I have heard so much about them on primal/paleo forums, I have to try them.

I will be in the US for a very short period this weekend and will have a couple of hours in Santa Monica in the general shopping area but unsure where I will be able to buy them from (no supermarkets where I will be as far as I am aware).

Any suggestions so I can try my first one? (from what I can tell, you can only buy them by the box in Australia on eBay)

Thanks!
    Let Go. Move On. Be Free.

Search larabars on AMAZON. You have to buy in bulk, but the are the best deal out there. The coconut ones are GREAT!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Just search Google for Whole Foods stores in Santa Monica. Whole Foods carries virtually all the varieties of LaraBars. If there isn't a Whole Foods near where you will be, I don't know what else to suggest.
      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Any healthier grocery store should carry them. But beware: they're mostly dates and fruit, so go easy because they can be insulin spikers. But yeah, the coconut is really awesome.
        The Paleo Periodical
        It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Great idea about WholeFoods - I wish they would bring WhoelFoods to Australia - I love hanging out in that store when I visit the US. It looks like there is one near where I will be going in Santa Monica - so will be making a detour and buying a couple to try out some of these different flavours I have been hearing about. Peanut Butter Cookie and Cashew cookie will be on the shopping list!

Thanks for the tip re the ingredients - I normally stay away from these sorts of bars, but the different flavours have me really intrigued.
          Let Go. Move On. Be Free.

Comment

Second on Amazon for the best deals. Regarding the high GI of dates, supposedly it is dampened by the nuts/fat. I save them for postworkout because they are carby. Still trying to get my hands on the new Blueberry Muffin flavor.

Comment

Working...
            X