No announcement yet.

Rave of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rave of the day: I have the most awesome co-workers. They are smart, honest, and hard-working; they have similar immature senses of humour to mine; they introduce me to fabulous music; and gosh darn it, they like me!

Comment

Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
      My rave of the day: I have the most awesome co-workers. They are smart, honest, and hard-working; they have similar immature senses of humour to mine; they introduce me to fabulous music; and gosh darn it, they like me!
      Nice! No doubt they would say "likewise."
      This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
      Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Yesterday my engine caught fire and put my car out of commission.

Awesome.

Two weeks earlier, I resolved to walk to work as much as I could (1h 15m one way) and into town for groceries etc. and take the bus back if I was tired (I like the bus). Yesterday morning I was driving in to work because I needed to get some things done in town before 5 pm. I switched gears and suddenly the power cut out and the ignition died, and I saw smoke coming from under the hood. I pulled over, checked it out, and bingo, fire. Flagged someone down to borrow their cell phone (I don't have one) to call the fire department but by the time they got there the fire had already gone out. While waiting, I made what turned out to be a hilarious phone call to my boss because I said, calm as can be, "Hi, my car's on fire right now but the fire department is on the way. I should be in by nine."

It was an '87 Toyota Tercel that I got for $750 to get me through the winter, and it did. The thought of getting it fixed never once got any serious consideration. I had it taken to the salvage yard and that's that. Pretty happy about the whole situation.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Grumpy, my general love for you has increased.
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

My rave of the day is that I absolutely love my job. I have found my perfect niche. Never say it can't be done!

Comment

My rave for the day is that I got back on the wagon, or treadmill and picked back up on my couch25k training after a 2 week hiatus. In times past I would have let a derailment become quitting. Not this time though. I will run a 5k!
              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

Vacation starts tomorrow!
                Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

My boss rules the universe.

Comment

Screw you XL world, I'm in an "L" pant size now! And I'm never coming back!

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by CoyoteVick View Post
                      Screw you XL world, I'm in an "L" pant size now! And I'm never coming back!
                      Yay you! Doesn't that feel awesome? No matter how many polite body acceptance politically correct euphemisms they come up with like "plus sizes" every woman knows that there is a divide between the regular ladies clothing and the fat ladies section. Welcome back and Never Again.

Comment

Bought a cute little dress (size S!) that is above the knee - first skirt/dress above the knee that I have bought in 15 years.
                        Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Yay you! Doesn't that feel awesome? No matter how many polite body acceptance politically correct euphemisms they come up with like "plus sizes" every woman knows that there is a divide between the regular ladies clothing and the fat ladies section. Welcome back and Never Again.
                          It's so amazing to be able to walk into a store, and buy clothes I want to buy, based on their style and how they look, not "well, they have *this* in my size, so I guess that's what I'm getting". When I was in a size 20 pant and xxxl shirt, I was so limited in what I could buy. If they had it in my size, then that was what I could get. Unless I wanted to go pay ridiculous amounts of money in a "plus size" store, my clothes were based on what I could find, not what I liked.

Now I'm in a size 16 pant, and an xl top, and I can go into any store, and find clothes, and pick them out based on MY style! And not leave the store in tears!

People say your weight shouldn't define you, but when you're super heavy, it does. You can't help it. Your life is based off of "I can't fit there" or "I can't shop there" or "I need to make sure I can get food so I don't get shaky". Now, I feel so liberated. I'm not "skinny" yet. Hell, I've got twelve pounds to go before I'm not "obese". But I don't have to shop in the fat girl section anymore. And that is amazing.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

RotD: Massage! Found a great new massage therapist to work on my shoulder (rotator cuff surgery in Feb) which still aches a little at night. She has magic hands.
                            Last edited by Digby; 05-27-2011, 11:32 AM.
                            This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                            Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Bought an inexpensive smoker, can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Rave of the day = not having to babysit a three year old while being sick. (He's the little rat that gave me a cold too.)
                                Last edited by jandge; 05-27-2011, 02:31 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                                Congenital Hypothyroid
                                CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X