Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environmentalists are idiots

Flood-stranded wallabies circled by crocs - The West Australian

Poor wallabies are trapped from the flood and being starved and eating by crocs and dingoes. We must drop food to them and then plan a rescue.

Fuck. Just how cut off from the realities of life are greenies?
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Some efforts are misguided in any arena. That doesn't make all environmentalists or greenies idiots. It's like saying that the weapons of mass destruction lie is proof that all conservatives are morons. Painting with such a broad brush serves no productive purpose, except to demonstrate that painter as intolerant and ill-informed.

One Delta Ten Tango, over and out

Comment

Crikey..

They're plenty fucked.
      You only have to see how hard they lobby to close down and restrict access to our national parks and state forests by way of locked gates to see that.
      I enjoy exploring the bush by either motorcycle or 4wd, so I've really got a dog in this fight.
      It's the birthright of every Australian to be able to experience this great land in it's natural state - not from behind a closed gate.

I knew I'd trail off into rant - but these enviro Nazis wield far two much clout, and with the federal govt licking their arses to save their own, I can see no good coming of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_o View Post
        I enjoy exploring the bush by either motorcycle or 4wd, so I've really got a dog in this fight.
        It's the birthright of every Australian to be able to experience this great land in it's natural state - not from behind a closed gate.
        Uh . . . I'm seeing a bit of disconnect here.
        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Crikey..

They're plenty fucked.
          You only have to see how hard they lobby to close down and restrict access to our national parks and state forests by way of locked gates to see that.

I knew I'd trail off into rant - but these enviro Nazis wield far two much clout, and with the federal govt licking their arses to save their own, I can see no good coming of it.
          Well you maybe in luck because the Shooters and Fishers party may soon hold the balance of power in the NSW upper house. Hopefully they'll bring some common sense back.
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
            Shooters and Fishers
            Now that sounds like a political party I can get behind!

Why are the idiots in the OP so biased against crocs? Do crocs not deserve to eat/

Comment

If I could magic those guys to safety I would. But flying in food? What about flying food in to starving African nations? Oh of course that would violate the pretentious moralizing wacko creed - Everything that other people think is foolish and a waste of time, do lots of that and then pretend you are better than them for caring about "the important but forgotten issues".
              Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                If I could magic those guys to safety I would. But flying in food? What about flying food in to starving African nations?
                Didn't you get the memo? Human beings are horrible abominations that deserve to be wiped off the face of the Earth.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                  Uh . . . I'm seeing a bit of disconnect here.
                  Allow me to re connect for you.

The issue for me is freedom of movement and access to public land, not how I choose to traverse it.

Be it from behind a windscreen.
                  A pair of goggles.
                  A pair of sunglasses.

If that's what your getting at.

Comment

"Vehicles are unnatural," or something, I guess.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Allow me to re connect for you.

The issue for me is freedom of movement and access to public land, not how I choose to traverse it.

Be it from behind a windscreen.
                      A pair of goggles.
                      A pair of sunglasses.

If that's what your getting at.
                      Well if you have no access at all, that's fucked up. If you can't access it by motorized vehicle because some people destroy the environment driving where they shouldn't, dumping garbage, etc . . . well I can understand that. The disconnect is that off-road vehicles + natural environment too often mean no, or damaged, natural environment. If there are areas where vehicles are allowed, great, but unfettered access is a really bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                        "Vehicles are unnatural," or something, I guess.
                        No, I have no problem with vehicles. I have a problem with assholes in vehicles. My boyfriend and I take the dog to a park nearby, walk in the streams, in the woods, etc . . . Vehicles aren't allowed but it's also not chained off. Just today we saw household garbage, bundles of rebar, roofing shingles, old tires and furniture.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                          Well if you have no access at all, that's fucked up. If you can't access it by motorized vehicle because some people destroy the environment driving where they shouldn't, dumping garbage, etc . . . well I can understand that. The disconnect is that off-road vehicles + natural environment too often mean no, or damaged, natural environment. If there are areas where vehicles are allowed, great, but unfettered access is a really bad idea.
                          Keeping access limited where erosion is a real threat, like coastal dunes makes sense at times. But that only tends to be a thoroughfare to to the beach.
                          The Aussie bush however is a different story. It tends to be a long way from anywhere and people aren't driving over an hour to dump rubbish.
                          It's the kind of environment that's more likley to damage you if you fuck up, and unless you've gut an EPIRB or sat phone handy, you're going on the missing list. Happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                            Didn't you get the memo? Human beings are horrible abominations that deserve to be wiped off the face of the Earth.
                            Ah, so you DID get my memo.

I take it you're on board, and now that we've dispensed with the greenies you'll be helping me find more fault lines to build nuclear reactors along. Swiftly now, there's money to be made! And so much the better if we can dispossess widows, tear down orphanages, and battered women's shelters to do it!!

And fuck the wallabies, just fuck'em!

Comment

I say its open season on the crocs! Let's show them what a "real" predator looks like. Hey Mr. Croc, look at me, this would be a BRAIN. You know, that thing in your enormous croc head that the size of a walnut.Well, mine is massive in comparison.

That's why I....little Mr Monkey man...am your worst nightmare. Im going to kill and eat you. And sell your hide for belts.

But seriously, anyone ever eaten croc? I've eaten American Alligator. I wonder if there is a difference in taste....

Anybody??
                              If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                              James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                              X