Lent - Are you giving anything up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by climbergirl View Post
    Any suggestion for other things that I can use as fat sources?
    In a dining hall? That's a tough one. There's a decent chance that if they have an oil&vinegar salad dressing that the oil might be olive oil...but I'd ask before I assumed. You can also just make sure to eat all the skin on your chicken and fat on your ham
    carl's cave

Comment

Several years ago I gave up religion for lent... and it stuck...
      March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
      Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

THP beat me to it. I gave up organized religion for Lent when I was 14. I can honestly say, I broke the habit.

(No offense meant, this was merely MY spiritual path.)
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Oh....that is EXCELLANT ! BRAVO to you.
          I suppose you have read, Vitamin, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver? Who by the way, now lives here in Virginia, very close to where I will be moving to get out of the rat-race of the DC area and it's traffic and pollutants.
          The book blew me away---( a must read for everyone concerned with what they are putting in their bodies) genetically produced seeds that can withstand Round-Up---ewwww.
          They have the market cornered. Thank the Lord for wonderful, local farmers markets that grow their own food, without the use of pesticides.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

Comment

Originally posted by BJBD View Post
              Oh....that is EXCELLANT ! BRAVO to you.
              I suppose you have read, Vitamin, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver? Who by the way, now lives here in Virginia, very close to where I will be moving to get out of the rat-race of the DC area and it's traffic and pollutants.
              The book blew me away---( a must read for everyone concerned with what they are putting in their bodies) genetically produced seeds that can withstand Round-Up---ewwww.
              They have the market cornered. Thank the Lord for wonderful, local farmers markets that grow their own food, without the use of pesticides.
              Originally posted by BJBD View Post
              Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
              In reference to what?
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

I'll give up wheat!

Wait...
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I consider being in graduate school one ginormous Lenten season...I'm foregoing a LOT of stuff I enjoy doing to be in grad school. =/

Comment

Working...
                  X