Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List your favorite stores/sources for primal foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List your favorite stores/sources for primal foods?

My top ones at present:
    Local Trader Joe's/Health food stores/farmers markets
    USWellness Meats
    Amazon (carrying more every day!)
    Swansons Vitamins (they have other items too)
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Forgot to add D'Artagnan!

I would like to know more of your best primal food sources.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I don't have much new to add:

Local farm market
      Trader Joe's
      Amazon.com (I buy coconut milk by the case, haha)
      Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics
      Ethnic markets/grocery stores

BTW...I'm thinking of putting together a Philadelphia Primal/Paleo meet up for the summer. Are you nearby? Would you be interested?
      The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Farmer's markets (I heartily endorse signing up for a CSA) ethnic markets/ meat markets, trader joes
        primal journal - the book of meatabix / food pr0n

Comment

Hem, well small(ish) town Canada soooo

Local butcher (very cool wine finished beef, also grass fed) also have awesome hookup with local sheep farm...mmm lamb....
          Farmers market in the summer, grocery in winter
          Natures Fare Market for coconut milk
          And I just placed my first order at iherb for more obscure stuff: coconut flakes, quality coconut oil, coconut aminos and raw cocoa powder : )
          Having a hard think about the garden this year as food prices in Canada are going up up up. Must make the most of it!

Comment

Farmer's market for pasteured chicken and eggs, veggies in the summer
            Whole Foods for most fruit and veggies (organic), non-homogenized but pasteurized whole milk, fish, coconut products, weird meat like liver, heart, duck, heritage turkey
            Natural Grocers (yep, that's their name) for vitamins, supplements, some veggies/meat
            Local bison ranchers (Colorado, we have lots) for bison and lamb and sometimes they have beef
            Local fancy small grocer for rendered duck fat
            Savory Spice shop or Penzey's for spices
            Rusa

Comment

Trader Joe's is my #1 go-to place, and I'm looking at moving to a state that doesn't have one and sorta freaking out about having to learn to live without their products.

Comment

Kitana: that happened to my daughter when they moved to Syracuse, NY. When she visits me or I'm going there, she stocks up. I wish TJ's would get an online store.

Comment

- Cow-pooled for beef (1/16 disappears fast, though)
                  - local farm delivery for organic heirloom veggies (splitting orders with a friend)
                  - Butcher shop for pork/chicken/etc (Aubrey's Meats... I loves you!)

Only store I visit infrequently is Nature's Food Pantry, and it's mostly for spices, 35% cream, eggs and the occasional particular veggie I want. Oh, I sometimes hit Loblaws for bags of frozen blueberries and strawberries (and coffee), but that's it.
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Farmer's Market
                    HEB (no Trader Joe's or whole Paycheck within range)
                    YT beef (local grassfed folks)
                    my garden
                    luckyvitamin/ iherb
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

NutsOnline is a good choice for various nuts, seeds, teas and spices. Huge selection, good prices.
                      NutsOnline | Premium Bulk & Wholesale Nuts, Dried Fruits & Gift Baskets

Comment

I never knew amazon had stuff. Will have to check that out.

Here in central Ohio, I go to TJ's and we have a chain store, Giant Eagle that is also pretty good on primal stuff. There is also a store I found online that is more like a farmers market that is independently owned and operated in Utica, OH. If I have time I may check it out this weekend.
                        Georgette

Comment

I love my Mexican and Asian markets for meats other than the basic beef/chicken/pork stuff, things like goat and goose, and for parts of the animal that I am just starting to experiment with cooking. (I have a batch of beef heart biltong in process.)

Comment

Gelson's has an awesome selection of pates and veggies. I also scored a bunch of unsweetened coconut and full-fat Greek yogurt there. I haven't investigated the meat counter yet.

Their prices, however, make me weep.

Comment

Some good sources here! I just ordere from Penzeys for first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X