No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPR, Philly Oldies station, classic jazz.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Ernest Gonzales:

Comment

[QUOTE=Funkadelic Flash;397440]Ernest Gonzales: I don't generally like much electronic music but I do like that. Reminds me a bit of Four Tet

Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Blockhead - Farewell Spaceman

Comment

Songs to listen to when it's 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky:

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
            Four Tet
            Good call! I love Four Tet
            Last edited by Primal_VTHokie; 04-03-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Reminds me a bit of Four Tet
              NICE! I've been on a post-rock kick as of late and they definitely scratch that itch. I'll have to go about acquiring some of their music. Are there any albums that are particularly noteworthy?

Comment

YouTube - Frank Zappa - Harder Than Your Husband

I love Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
                  NICE! I've been on a post-rock kick as of late and they definitely scratch that itch. I'll have to go about acquiring some of their music. Are there any albums that are particularly noteworthy?
                  I like Pause and Rounds best. Four Tet is Kieren Hebden and he's also made some recordings under his own name and with Steve Reid, the jazz drummer. Also, if you aren't familiar, I like Caribou as well.

There are some interesting artists here: Folktronica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

[QUOTE=Primal_VTHokie;397890]Songs to listen to when it's 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky:

Or:

You have to listen all the way through. Will Oldham cracks me up. The whole album is genius.

Comment

Flying Lotus - Do the Astral Plane

Comment

I like Pause and Rounds best. Four Tet is Kieren Hebden and he's also made some recordings under his own name and with Steve Reid, the jazz drummer. Also, if you aren't familiar, I like Caribou as well.

There are some interesting artists here: Folktronica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        Yup! I've been listening to Caribou for some time now. Good stuff!

Thanks much for the recommendations!

Comment

Whole lotta Kings of Leon, Mumford and Sons, and Eminem. Throw in a healthy dose of Shinedown and the Zac Brown Band and that's mostly what I'm listening to on repeat right now...
                          Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Comment

I keep playing Bruce Cockburn's Small Source of Comfort album over and over ever since the concert last Friday. So good.
                            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I saw him a few years ago when he came to town. I only know a few of his songs but goddamn that guy is finger-picking Jesus. I definitely enjoyed the show. I will have to check out more of his songs.
                              Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

The new album is interesting, some cool instrumental pieces, very evocative.
                                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X