• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore emotes:

Comment

• Electric:

Points of view, empathy and respect.

Last edited by Terry H; 08-27-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• I'm listening to Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. it's a beautiful classical work for choir, orchestra, and vocal soloists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEllLECo4OM

the funny thing is, EVERYONE knows the first chorus "O fortuna". but no one seems familiar with the rest of the work, which is sad because the rest of it is even better! my favorite is the chorus that comes right AFTER the ridiculously famous "O fortuna".

Comment

• Thanks vinganca. I can't wait for this weekend to listen to the whole thing at one sitting. I know little or nothing about this but i will be listening and looking for the 2nd chorus you mentioned as your favorite. Thanks again.
          Last edited by Terry H; 08-28-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry H View Post
              Thanks vinganca. I can't wait for this weekend to listen to the whole thing at one sitting. I know little or nothing about this but i will be listening and looking for the 2nd chorus you mentionrd as your favorite. Thanks again.
              yay! hope you enjoy it!

Comment

• Taste and See:

Last edited by Terry H; 08-28-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Souvenirs:

Last edited by Terry H; 08-28-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Iernis:

Comment

• 2 LZ faves. Wish they wd.'ve done the chorus at least twice. Love it.

Somehow or other I bought and listened to (heavily) LZ II and then discovered LZ I and repeated the process. This was my first taste really of blues (such as it was with them) but I really liked Communication Breakdown and Your Time is Gonna Come, not to mention Living Loving Maid ( 1 and 2 respectively). Their experimental world music stuff wasn't to my taste.
                      Last edited by Terry H; 09-03-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Comment

• Zappa was sarcastic and cynical, yet so often I've found his observations to be sound. I admire his talent and his intelligence and also feel sorry for him all at the same time. Weird admixture, no doubt, but I feel he was'nt a very happy person. He cd. be funny, tho.

Last edited by Terry H; 09-07-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Matisyahu covers:

It wd.'ve been cool at the end of this the guitarist had played the closing of S&G's Homeward Bound, but they don't need me to tell them what to do.

The pathos of this Tracy Chapman song always moves me even when only hinted at:

Last edited by Terry H; 09-07-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X