• Show
Clear All

Wow, I can see I came into this thread at a good time! *ducks out quickly*
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Herbwifemama View Post
      You are absolutely demented. I like you.
      Aww shucks, I don't know what to say. My Mama always said I'd do better to keep those kinds of thoughts to myself... I didn't learn too well.
      "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
      Denis Waitley

Comment

Originally posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
        we could lure them in with incense and meditation so there was no shot of cortisol released into their system before we took them down. "Thats right, we're just here to protect you, yes, drink the carrot juice, its only a few minutes old..."
        bwahahaha!
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

jspradley, why are you raising your hand?
          my primal journal:

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
            jspradley, why are you raising your hand?
            The OP asked if anyone was into prepping and I figured that was a better response than

*rotates out cans of sardines*

or *scrapes carbon off of AR15 bolt* lol

Comment

lol. right, i am not sharing detailed descriptions of my HYPOTHETICAL weapons cache. but since my food cache is nothing to write home about (and i tend to be flaky about these things anyway), i figured it's okay to say what's there.
              my primal journal:

Comment

Coconut oil has a good long shelf life. A 5 gallon pale in a cool place would do wonders for
                a long term fat source. Sardines have a 3 year shelf life.

Comment

Sprouting is an excellent way to get fresh veggies any time of year. It does take practice, so start now! A good supply of sprouting seed is cheap and will be very nourishing in troubled times.

Comment

Originally posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
                    Saoirse, thats why I was thinking raw vegans vs. vegetarians. I personally survived off of leafy greens and baby carrots for 8 months, I know I would've been a clean meat source for a cannibal... Lean, but clean nonetheless. I think I would have made a very good bone broth though since thats all there was of me lol. I like this idea about tracking their eating habits to make the kill smoother, we could lure them in with incense and meditation so there was no shot of cortisol released into their system before we took them down. "Thats right, we're just here to protect you, yes, drink the carrot juice, its only a few minutes old..."
                    This is good thinking. Maybe establish a few areas where they can farm organically, tend some happy pigs, cows, and chickens. Every once in a while one of them gets promoted to a higher level of contributing
                    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
                    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
                    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

Originally posted by Mommaofmany View Post
                      Sprouting is an excellent way to get fresh veggies any time of year. It does take practice, so start now! A good supply of sprouting seed is cheap and will be very nourishing in troubled times.
                      i hate to be contrary, but i was looking at the vitamin C content of various foods which could be around in the winter. radish sprouts were among the highest of all sprouts, and it would take around 3 1/2 c of fresh radish sprouts to get 70 mg of vitamin C. i would have to make almost 20 c of sprouts every day to meet this requirement for my family. i decided that pine needle tea, in a pinch, might be an easier source. sprouts might be yummy, but while looking at the nutritional content, i'm really not seeing them as the powerhouse they are claimed to be.
                      Last edited by Saoirse; 03-05-2011, 08:01 AM.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

Originally posted by beachrat View Post
                        This is good thinking. Maybe establish a few areas where they can farm organically, tend some happy pigs, cows, and chickens. Every once in a while one of them gets promoted to a higher level of contributing
                        Its like that movie the island with Scarlett Johansen but with less breast meat.
                        "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
                        Denis Waitley

Comment

Originally posted by markl32 View Post
                          Of course WE know that zombie movies are actually documentaries, but does everyone else?

Our government knows. What other purpose could CW/SAD have if not to make the walking dead weaker, slower, and easier to defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                            The OP asked if anyone was into prepping and I figured that was a better response than

*rotates out cans of sardines*

or *scrapes carbon off of AR15 bolt* lol
                            does the number 87 mean anything to you?

Comment

Get both.

Comment

Originally posted by markl32 View Post
                                does the number 87 mean anything to you?
                                hmm... it probably should but no.... 870 does though. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X