Anyone into preparedness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tamo42 View Post
    +1 for the preparedness. I'm still starting on my preps, but I decided to make a blog out of it while I was at it. So the primal prepper was born
    Well, I'm watching. Love the pemmican videos, may have to go hunt down the one on how to make the dehydrator.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Yes, my BOB was recently stripped of grains and I added some nuts, I'm more into the concept of homesteading so I've done a lot of research on gardening, holistic remedies, raising meat etc. Theres a lot of way to be prepared, I feel like being primal is just another way of practicing those survival skills!
      "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
      Denis Waitley

Comment

My plan is not so much to store, but to become sustainable.

I'm very into preparedness, and that includes several different aspects. Switching over to a paleo diet was one of the first things actually, as the most common type of emergencies are financial and then medical in nature. I'm working on the finances, and the diet and lifestyle changes are to improve my health and minimize risk of disease.

Storing foods will play a role, but I've already moved my family to a plot of land far enough from population centers to limit certain types of disasters, and large enough to support a rotation of year round crops. I also plan to raise chickens and maybe rabbits, or other small lifestock to become as self-sufficient as possible. We're on a well, so water isn't a problem. We're getting solar, so power won't be a problem.

My goal isn't to simply survive a disaster, but to pretty much continue living my life exactly the same as before.

Comment

I was planning on starting a roving pack of cannibals so if you all would be so kind as to PM me the grid coordinates of your primal disaster abodes we'll stop by...

Sadly, in truth, that would probably be my best bet. I am embarrassingly unhandy when it comes to butchering, farming, growing etc. I can shoot but beyond that, yeah, I am dead.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            I was planning on starting a roving pack of cannibals so if you all would be so kind as to PM me the grid coordinates of your primal disaster abodes we'll stop by...

Sadly, in truth, that would probably be my best bet. I am embarrassingly unhandy when it comes to butchering, farming, growing etc. I can shoot but beyond that, yeah, I am dead.
            haha, as of yet all i have is a little rice, cashew butter, and salt. i'm PLANNING, but have not yet implemented much.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
              haha, as of yet all i have is a little rice, cashew butter, and salt. i'm PLANNING, but have not yet implemented much.
              Same here. I've got half a bucket of wheat, a bucket of lentils, and some 72 hour kits.

And I really like this:
              My goal isn't to simply survive a disaster, but to pretty much continue living my life exactly the same as before
              YES.

Robin's Roost
              My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by brahnamin View Post

Just make sure you have plenty of salt on hand. When the zombieapocalypse comes and they chew through your power lines you'll need to be able to preserve all that good frozen meat.
                Of course WE know that zombie movies are actually documentaries, but does everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                  we recently had a very informative thread about this. does anyone remember the title?

ah, here it is.
                  Thanks, I'll check it out.

Sorry for the dupe.

Comment

np, i'm sure i've done it more than once.
                    my primal journal:

Comment

Silver is above $35/oz. now...

Comment

I've been considering this "roving pack of cannibals" thing all day and I think it could work as long as you target vegetarians, particularly raw vegans, it's like grass fed beef, but grass fed human instead.
                        Denis Waitley

Comment

Originally posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
                          I've been considering this "roving pack of cannibals" thing all day and I think it could work as long as you target vegetarians, particularly raw vegans, it's like grass fed beef, but grass fed human instead.
                          i think the key to hunting them down would be to observe when they eat fruit salad, wait for the sugar crash, and then move in for the kill. unfortunately, your average Vegan americanis isn't generally grassfed, but rather fueled by soy, grains, and potato chips dipped in tofutti.
                          my primal journal:

Comment

Saoirse, thats why I was thinking raw vegans vs. vegetarians. I personally survived off of leafy greens and baby carrots for 8 months, I know I would've been a clean meat source for a cannibal... Lean, but clean nonetheless. I think I would have made a very good bone broth though since thats all there was of me lol. I like this idea about tracking their eating habits to make the kill smoother, we could lure them in with incense and meditation so there was no shot of cortisol released into their system before we took them down. "Thats right, we're just here to protect you, yes, drink the carrot juice, its only a few minutes old..."
                            Denis Waitley

Comment

Originally posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
                              we could lure them in with incense and meditation so there was no shot of cortisol released into their system before we took them down. "Thats right, we're just here to protect you, yes, drink the carrot juice, its only a few minutes old..."
                              You are absolutely demented. I like you.

Robin's Roost
                              My Primal Journal

Comment

*raises hand*

Comment

Working...
                                X