Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gripe of the Day

Everyone is allowed at least five mistakes a day and one gripe--or so a good counselor once told me. I'm rounding on three of my mistakes, but my gripe today is as follows. (It technically could also be classed a Whine).

Gripe: There too many blasted know-it-alls about diet and exercise. I was told last night at a gathering of friends how my paleo ways will kill me, and that vegan is the new hope for humankind. The fact that I did the pure vegan path for six months seems not to account as experience to these two people who just started.

What's yours?
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

I like your signature:

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots. Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism
    My gripe of the day: Too many idiots.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

And just consider the population explosion since he lived some 2200 years ago? I think we could safely amend Lao Tsu to say: Any given day you are surrounded by at least 100,000 idiots.

Same gripe as mine.
      This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

My gripe: Car manufacturers have stopped installing functional turn signals on cars. That is the only logical explanation I can think of for the complete lack of turn signal use I see on the roads day in and day out!

Carrie

Comment

I was wondering. I actually saw a turn signal yesterday and wondered if something was wrong with the car.

Comment

Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

/rant

thank you
            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

TigerLily: You are too right. And in the wealthiest country in the world. It's a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

/rant

thank you
                Ditto.

When it comes to any kind of insurance literature I fall firmly in the "just plain not too smart" camp. None of it makes a GD bit of sense to me.

On the rare occasions I have to use it, I just hand over the card and the co-pay $$. Pretty much anything I receive in the mail from my health insurance goes straight into the round file 'cause I know trying to read it is an exercise in futility.

Comment

The dishwasher is right under the worktop, just to the right of the sink. It won't take much effort to open it and put your dirty crap in it. Go on, give it a go. Or, don't complain when I wash my hands in the sink and splash mud in the mugs you dumped there.

Grr!

(addressed of course to folk I work with, not you guys )

Comment

NMG: you give me an idea. Why not post Gripe of the Day above places of particular problems such as your work sink. I have a couple in mind in my realm, like: What do people think doors are for?

Comment

My Gripe is I just would rather not be working today. sigh!!

oh well. back to making da bacon. We'll fry it up in da pan later.
                      Julia
                      Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                      Started Primal Mid January 2011
                      Current Weight 183
                      Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                      http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

hehe, I think our team would be the subject of most gripes - related to muddy boots, clothes, cooking....

Instead I have made two piles on the communal table - one of all the dirty crap I'm sick of looking at, and one of all the clean-and-left-to-dry crap I'm sick of looking at. Passive-aggressive FTW!

Gripe #2 - lock the frikkin back door!! I know a burglar could glare at it to open it, but still, token efforts at security make me feel better.

Comment

LOL I like this game. I'm well over my allowed mistakes though.

My gripe: The United States is a REPUBLIC, not a DEMOCRACY, DAMMIT! People can't seem to get that right.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                            LOL I like this game. I'm well over my allowed mistakes though.

My gripe: The United States is a REPUBLIC, not a DEMOCRACY, DAMMIT! People can't seem to get that right.
                            +10000000000000 this one gets me too... I Pledge allegiance to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

There is ONLY 1 country that is a REPUBLIC...the rest are democracies....
                            The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                            What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                            SW 190lb
                            Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                            25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                            1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                            GW ~135lbs
                            5'3"
                            Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

I am posting this one on behalf of my husband (and Diana's post reminded me of it):

The President of the United States of America IS NOT the "leader of the free world." He is the President of THE UNITED STATES. The rest of the world have their own leaders!

Carrie

Comment

Working...
                              X