Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LJH View Post

Anyone else with a mate who would prefer you stay tired and unhealthy?
    I had one like that. He's afraid you're gonna get your sexy back and then leave him.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Is that what QFT means?
      huh...
      hahahahahahhaha
      Thats so not what I thought...
      Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• (Pssst, metismomma. I had to Google it!)

What did you think it meant? This should be good. HAHA.

Comment

• QFT= quit fucking talking
          roflmao
          Its makes much more sense if its Quoted For Truth. On the other hand, I've seen it the most on gamer forums, and they probably did mean my version lol!
          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• I like you, lady.

Comment

• Tiger, driving in Portland is always fun....Not. Driving in Oregon, period, drives me crazy. My kids enjoy telling people, "Mom never yelled at drivers in San Diego like she does since moving back here."

Comment

• Why do people move to the countryside (or woods) and immediately put up obnoxiously bright street lights? The really bad thing is that the new lights are BB gun proof. DAGNABIT

The other one for the day is there are too many of you that I SO agree with to quote!
                I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                  My gripe: can't pump enough milk to feed my baby and now that she's starting day care, it's that much more important to boost her immunity. At this point I have no regrets about ordering a milk-increasing medication from the lovely island nation of Vanatu.
                  good luck with your supply. i have no experience pumping, but maybe you could browse kellymom.com for ideas on how to boost supply? that is, if you haven't already. hope the meds work.
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
                    I strongly suggest taking Robb Wolf's advice: take out a nice life insurance policy on the husband, and start eyeing up Ramón the pool boy.
                    HAH! This excellent quote should be posted on every thread asking about a sabotaging spouse!
                    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassandra View Post
                      Why do people move to the countryside (or woods) and immediately put up obnoxiously bright street lights? The really bad thing is that the new lights are BB gun proof. DAGNABIT

The other one for the day is there are too many of you that I SO agree with to quote!
                      I strongly suggest you invest in a .303 rifle.

Originally posted by Digby View Post

Success of any kind seems to be very threatening to family and friends which is seriously pathetic. From my personal experience, those people are very often negative types to begin with.
                      People like to pigeonhole others. It gives us a coherent worldview and then we hate it when our world view is shattered by someone no longer fitting in their pigeon hole.
                      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                        It's 1984 wrapped in Brave New World
                        I have never read Brave New World, but I have just finished Blind Faith by Ben Elton, seems to have a very similar message.

Originally posted by LJH View Post
                        Hmmm, a new Primal-related gripe in my life - a husband who apparently resents my new-found energy and commitment to real food.

Anyone else with a mate who would prefer you stay tired and unhealthy?
                        Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                        I had one like that. He's afraid you're gonna get your sexy back and then leave him.
                        I had one like that too. Turns out he was right.
                        My Journal

Comment

• Just found out after 23.5 years of marriage that my husband hates it when I hit snooze button(I don't do it every day) on the alarm. He told me today that I should get up when the alarm goes off or set it later. This from someone who doesn't always get up when his alarm goes off.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                            I have never read Brave New World, but I have just finished Blind Faith by Ben Elton, seems to have a very similar message.
                            read the original
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Brave New World is a classic. I also got the audiobook a few years back (I listen to books while I exercise), which was very good, too.
                              This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                              Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Brave New World, Stranger in a Strange Land, and 1984 top my list of MUST reads.
                                Today's gripe: Well, of COURSE he forgot to tell me that the requirements that were originally tossed out for the first report are required on the second and third. I turn it in and get it handed back to me saying I didn't finish it. Way to make me look bad, asshat.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X