Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    This is so true! Even places like Best Buy now have a maze of candy a customer must navigate before checking out. I just wanted a printer cartridge, stop putting candy in my face!

Stay strong!
    Look for aisles labeled "family friendly". No candy, and no Cosmo. If you have a weakness for earbuds, iTunes cards or hair elastics you're out of luck, though.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• ugh. i just found a bite on my leg that's looking like it might get nasty. i don't remember being bit.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by gojirama View Post
        Look for aisles labeled "family friendly". No candy, and no Cosmo. If you have a weakness for earbuds, iTunes cards or hair elastics you're out of luck, though.
        So that's what that sign means.

GotD: My office has been having construction done, and today they're painting and staining. It freaking reeks in here! At least it's an extra incentive (and an excuse if the boss asks) to go walk around outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarBaby View Post
          gotd: You can't even buy a brassiere without having to face down chocolate bars at the checkout counters. There is no escaping sugar at every turn. Damn the greedy-bastard syndrome.
          that's right blame the business, not the customers
          Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
          Starting Weight: 294 pounds
          Current Weight: 235 pounds
          Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
            that's right blame the business, not the customers
            To be fair, I have never gone into best buy and said, "Huh, I would really like a box of candy to go along with this new router." I am sure they looked at some kind of market research that said, "Sell candy. They will buy it." So it is a two way street of blame - them for sticking it there in teh first place and people in general for buying the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              To be fair, I have never gone into best buy and said, "Huh, I would really like a box of candy to go along with this new router." I am sure they looked at some kind of market research that said, "Sell candy. They will buy it." So it is a two way street of blame - them for sticking it there in teh first place and people in general for buying the crap.
              businesses don't stay in business by trying to sell goods people won't buy

Comment

• Disappointed in how Vancouver looks now. Stupid thugs ruined it for the real fans.
                I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

businesses don't stay in business by trying to sell goods people won't buy
                  Agreed. I am not arguing that, but sometimes supply creates the demand. At least that has been my experience. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if one is assigning arbitrary blame some goes to the supplier.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    Agreed. I am not arguing that, but sometimes supply creates the demand. At least that has been my experience. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if one is assigning arbitrary blame some goes to the supplier.

Comment

Looks Legit

Comment

• I accidentally spilled a mixture of butter, olive oil and steak juice on my sheets when I tore through a particularly difficult chunk of meat.
                        My head went up (with a mouthful of steak), my hands went down and my plate went splash.
                        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• GOTD: Smokers who congregate outside of public buildings getting their jones on while creating clouds of toxic nastiness that anyone else just trying to use the public sidewalk has to get through while trying not to inhale. Bleh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            GOTD: Smokers who congregate outside of public buildings getting their jones on while creating clouds of toxic nastiness that anyone else just trying to use the public sidewalk has to get through while trying not to inhale. Bleh!
                            I once shoved someone into oncoming traffic for that.
                            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                              I accidentally spilled a mixture of butter, olive oil and steak juice on my sheets when I tore through a particularly difficult chunk of meat.
                              My head went up (with a mouthful of steak), my hands went down and my plate went splash.
                              Epic primal fail!
                              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                GOTD: Smokers who congregate outside of public buildings getting their jones on while creating clouds of toxic nastiness that anyone else just trying to use the public sidewalk has to get through while trying not to inhale. Bleh!
                                One of the best by-laws passed here in the last 5 years has been to ban smoking within 3 m (about 10 feet) of any public doorway (including restaurants). It's cut down a lot on people "just stepping out for a smoke" into an area where there's a lot of foot traffic.

Comment

Working...
                                X