No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot some dude's name after we'd already had like 20 dates. I finally got his name again off a piece of mail.

At least I still had his phone number, though. So no way to find her now, eh, Alex?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
      Had to get blood taken today. That and I totally hit it off with a girl and forgot to ask for her number.
      alex at 19 you really should be on your game. dont you know how to close?
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• I have earaches trying to develop in stereo. Ow.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
          Had to get blood taken today. That and I totally hit it off with a girl and forgot to ask for her number.
          That is the suck Alex.
          Georgette

Comment

• GotW-Not day, week: Went swimming yesterday with the girls, I used SPF 50, supplement with 5,000 to 10,000 IU's of Vit D3 and still look like a damn lobster! I thought Vit D3 was supposed to help with this? Hasn't done crap for me apparently.
            Georgette

Comment

• Have a headache. It's not helping that our network at work is going in and out like the freaking Wack-a-Mole game at a carnival with no explanations from the IT Dept. Posting from my iPhone cuz I'm freaking bored and frustrated sitting here since 99% of my job involves being connected to the network and I've already finished the 1% that doesn't.
              Last edited by Lynna; 06-14-2011, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                GotW-Not day, week: Went swimming yesterday with the girls, I used SPF 50, supplement with 5,000 to 10,000 IU's of Vit D3 and still look like a damn lobster! I thought Vit D3 was supposed to help with this? Hasn't done crap for me apparently.
                Oh yeah, I still have to be careful. I was pretty happy, out on the water for 6-7 hours on Sunday, and didn't burn. I did wear a cover-up for a good part and used sunblock, but this is the first time in years that I haven't really burned. Maybe all the strawberries I eat? Carotenoids are supposed to be good for the skin. I've been eating more sweet potatoes as well.
                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• I think saturated fat intake is supposed to help with the sunburn. Coconut oil especially. But it takes a few years. That's the theory, anyhow... I haven't burned much at all this year, but that's more related to our f*cking crappy weather. I am SO ready for summer and it is SO not here and the forecast is still mostly crappy. It's sunny, mostly - but hasn't really even hit 70F (20C) reliably at all.

Comment

• I don't eat strawberrys or sweet potatoes now. Same with CO just because of the cost. I've always been this way with sun burns though.
                    Georgette

Comment

• So. Many. Wedding. Photos. So much batch processing. Urrrgh.
                      I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• I believe the darker the fruit or veg the more carotenoids, so leafy greens, peppers, tomatoes all should help as well. That's the theory anyhow. Berries are about the only fruit I can eat these days and sweet potatoes the only starch, so I tend to eat more of them.
                        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                          I believe the darker the fruit or veg the more carotenoids, so leafy greens, peppers, tomatoes all should help as well. That's the theory anyhow. Berries are about the only fruit I can eat these days and sweet potatoes the only starch, so I tend to eat more of them.
                          I've always ate those things but regardless, I think I just have a natural disposition to burn easily. I did read more into using coconut oil for sun burns and I have a little at my desk here in the office and put it on the places I can decently reach without looking like a freak and those areas feel instantly better. Need to get a jar tonight and see where that gets me.
                          Georgette

Comment

• gotd: You can't even buy a brassiere without having to face down chocolate bars at the checkout counters. There is no escaping sugar at every turn. Damn the greedy-bastard syndrome.
                            WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

• Stupid, fracking woman at work - always wants to do things her way, even if another way is easier for everyone else. She shoots everyone's suggestions down. Stupid _____(insert word here). We have to record statistics for the office and there is a shared network drive, but will she put the forms on there? NOOOOOooooo. We have to go to someone else's PC and enter them there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarBaby View Post
                                gotd: You can't even buy a brassiere without having to face down chocolate bars at the checkout counters. There is no escaping sugar at every turn. Damn the greedy-bastard syndrome.
                                This is so true! Even places like Best Buy now have a maze of candy a customer must navigate before checking out. I just wanted a printer cartridge, stop putting candy in my face!

Stay strong!
                                Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X