Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Sadly stupidity is like being a bad driver. No one ever admits it. No one looks in the mirror and goes, "Well, damn, I am a stupid fuck. Yup, I am part of the problem."
    I have my dumbshit moments, but they aren't the overwhelming majority of my life. I also admit that I have dumbshit moments, as opposed to most of the rest of humanity, who believe that they can do no wrong.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Sadly stupidity is like being a bad driver. No one ever admits it. No one looks in the mirror and goes, "Well, damn, I am a stupid fuck. Yup, I am part of the problem."
      The Dunning-Kruger Effect You Are Not So Smart

Some do, but they tend to be the more intelligent ones.
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Freaking raccoons!!! No offense Stabby - but do they have to kill my turkeys by reaching through the new enclosure's chain link fence (first night out mind you) and ripping their heads off? A whole turkey wasted so they could eat the head! And I couldn't even eat the rest because who knows what diseases the criture had. Back the the hardware store for more wire mesh. Grrrr!

edit: I guess this puts me in with the 95% stupid people group getting duped by a raccoon!

Comment

• Gripe: Corporate bullshit.

I absolutely hate the social conventions in the office I work at. Everyone is too polite, as weird as that sounds. You say "thank you" after every single interaction with anyone, even when it doesn't make any goddamn sense in context. The receptionist asks, "Hi, hon, how are ya?" every single time she sees you, even if you just saw her (and answered the damn question) two minutes before - and it's the most impersonal, robotic rendition of social niceties I've ever heard. She'll walk into a room, say it while looking through a drawer for something, then leave the room before you even have a chance to answer. Of course contradicting the big boss is blasphemy - my degree is in English, and it physically hurts me to see how broken the grammar and syntax are in the copy he insists on sending out, but I can't say a damn thing about it. It wouldn't be so bad if I liked my actual job, but I hate it. It's soul-crushingly inane, but unfortunately it's all I can handle right now with the health issues I'm dealing with. I've been eating paleo/primal for 23 days, and have yet to see any difference in my symptoms at all. I feel like I'll be trapped in this terrible, mealymouthed place until the day I die.

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
            GOTD: Relationships, i want one but dont have one. Ah this urge will pass tomorrow, it always does. really i want total control of my hormonal balance to alleciate these types of things from happening in the first place, stupid emotions
            Awwww, honey badger. Emotions are sot stupid. It's too bad we don't live in the same time zone. That's my GOTD. So There.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Awwww, honey badger. Emotions are sot stupid. It's too bad we don't live in the same time zone. That's my GOTD. So There.
              made me flush
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                Freaking raccoons!!! No offense Stabby - but do they have to kill my turkeys by reaching through the new enclosure's chain link fence (first night out mind you) and ripping their heads off? A whole turkey wasted so they could eat the head! And I couldn't even eat the rest because who knows what diseases the criture had. Back the the hardware store for more wire mesh. Grrrr!

edit: I guess this puts me in with the 95% stupid people group getting duped by a raccoon!
                get/borrow an animal trap, put some bird seed in a cup in the back, wait

next day, decide what to do with the little bastard
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  get/borrow an animal trap, put some bird seed in a cup in the back, wait

next day, decide what to do with the little bastard
                  Cook it and hope to god it didn't have rabies?
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• i couldn't go that far, i settled for calling him an idiot while he lunged and barked at my hand while i was carrying the cage
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• A friend I have known for 6 years, whose boys were good friends with my boys just moved from here (Seattle area) to South Carolina. Which I understand but... I found out when she sent me a link to pictures of their new house. Finding out that way bugs me.
                      I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                      Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                      "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• Gotd: i don't get to see my son as often as I wish. We're close, but crazy schedules, distance, all make it hard to visit more than 1-2 times a year. But, he does call once a week or so.
                        This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                        Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Gripe of the day: I'm so bored and the weather's horrible! Correlation or causation?
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                            Gripe of the day: I'm so bored and the weather's horrible! Correlation or causation?
                            Causation for sure. I definitely think the weather's horrible because you're bored.
                            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              Causation for sure. I definitely think the weather's horrible because you're bored.
                              Definitely possible. When I sing the sun comes out.
                              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• My husband has failed to clear his prawn traps out of the yard (where they are taking up most of the usable space) for a month now. He has also failed to actually catch prawns with them, despite having a friend with a boat and despite having gone out with that friend on that boat 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Not amused.

Comment

Working...
                                X