Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brahnamin View Post

Hrm. I thought it was just because it was Ohio.

*rUns*

MORE FOR ME, THEN!
    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
      Why do you think people are leaving Ohio? We're considering leaving next summer. Just dropping everything we have and leaving.
      I got out over 30 years ago.
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
        Is that the river that catches on fire?
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
          Is that the river that catches on fire?
          yup. that is in the cuyahoga national park, the only national park in the midwest. it is fill of hiking trails, a bike trail that runs from cleveland to way beyond akron, tons of gorgeous waterfalls along secluded paths, and it absolutely beautiful to XC in in the winter. i spend most of my summer there. and i wouldn't trade it for the world.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
            the only national park in the midwest.
            that's incorrect

List of areas in the United States National Park System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

i stand corrected. the rest of my words still stand
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                If you drive an SUV don't bitch. Suck it up and pay up. That's what we said when we had an SUV. I miss that thing.
                While I realize that it would be a lot worse if I lived anywhere else, buying gas blows. I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla, one of the more efficient nonhybrids on the roads. I'm spending the equivalent of half my car payment JUST for gas to get back and forth to work. Thanks to the economy (yes, I am VERY grateful to have a job, being unemployed with bills to pay is horrible) the only job I could get even remotely in my field was in a crappy little town about 35 min from where I live. Also thanks to the economy, this little company was extraordinarily tightfisted with what they salaried me at, meaning that a higher percentage of my paycheck goes to just getting back and forth to said job than it should.
                To sum it up: I'm being paid less, to work more, for a job I don't like, and having to pay more for just about everything just to survive and keep said job. Vicious circle much?
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by brahnamin View Post

Hrm. I thought it was just because it was Ohio.

*rUns*
                  Hardy freakin' har!!!

Carrie

Comment

I've known more people FROM, as in formerly, Ohio than any other place. I was wondering if there was a time limit on residency.
                    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Delaware is the only state without a national park or monument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                        Delaware is the only state without a national park or monument.
                        Sounds like you have a weekend project. Go forth and build a national park. We'll expect a full report by Monday

Comment

• Hands off Delaware! My partner's a native and I was a longtime resident (actually live just over the border now), this is one of the few distinctions that the First/Diamond State has and enjoys talking about.
                          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Originally posted by Digby View Post
                            Hands off Delaware! My partner's a native and I was a longtime resident (actually live just over the border now), this is one of the few distinctions that the First/Diamond State has and enjoys talking about.
                            I live in Delaware. Move here with my parents when I was 8. Born in Baltimore MD. I like it here, but it's becoming too crowded. The developers are trying to pave over the entire State!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                              Delaware is the only state without a national park or monument.
                              But Delaware has the beaches down in the southern part of the state and LOTS of outlet shopping :-)! I was there for about 5 years.

Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by carres1973 View Post
                                But Delaware has the beaches down in the southern part of the state and LOTS of outlet shopping :-)! I was there for about 5 years.

Carrie
                                Yeah, we vacation for a week in Lewes (pron. like Lewis for the uneducated) every summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X