No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this is a repeat from somebody, but I'm pissed that now even Trader Joe's has crap oils in their salad dressing. Maybe I just haven't noticed? But WTF is up with "canola and/or soybean oil"? And/or? Why not just TELL US what it is?

Sometimes I rely on TJs for salad dressing. They used to have a bunch of salad dressings that used canola oil, which is not good, but not as bad as soybean or corn oil (I think), and it's really hard to find even canola oil dressings.

Also, I bought a dressing called Romano Caesar Dressing "Made with extra virgin olive oil and romano cheese", it said right on the front label. I'm thinking, Oh good, Olive oil!. Later, at home, I finally read the back label. "Ingedients: expeller pressed canola oil, water, extra virgin olive oil....blah...blah".

Doesn't it seem like "Made with extra virgin olive oil" is misrepresentation? Jeez TJ, get real.
    Last edited by Viking; 05-30-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• I was looking after a lady at work last night who is on liquid feeds as she had neck surgery and has to be fed through a tube in her stomach. The first two ingredients after water.....?

Corn oil and sucrose.

How is that supposed to help her heal?
      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
        I'm sure this is a repeat from somebody, but I'm pissed that now even Trader Joe's has crap oils in their salad dressing. Maybe I just haven't noticed? But WTF is up with "canola and/or soybean oil"? And/or? Why not just TELL US what it is?

Sometimes I rely on TJs for salad dressing. They used to have a bunch of salad dressings that used canola oil, which is not good, but not as bad as soybean or corn oil (I think), and it's really hard to find even canola oil dressings.

Also, I bought a dressing called Romano Caesar Dressing "Made with extra virgin olive oil and romano cheese", it said right on the front label. I'm thinking, Oh good, Olive oil!. Later, at home, I finally read the back label. "Ingedients: expeller pressed canola oil, water, extra virgin olive oil....blah...blah".

Doesn't it seem like "Made with extra virgin olive oil" is misrepresentation? Jeez TJ, get real.
        There are things I love at TJ's, but they sell more regular food than not; just look at the cereal, bread aisles, fruit aisles.
        This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
        Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
          I was looking after a lady at work last night who is on liquid feeds as she had neck surgery and has to be fed through a tube in her stomach. The first two ingredients after water.....?

Corn oil and sucrose.

How is that supposed to help her heal?
          My mother had been heavy much of her life, but the last 8-9years she had gotten very thin (dementia forgetting to eat), then she was put in hosptial on drip feed, and in just a 3-5 weeks was heavy again. Further proof of how to quickly fatten people.
          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
            I'm sure this is a repeat from somebody, but I'm pissed that now even Trader Joe's has crap oils in their salad dressing. Maybe I just haven't noticed? But WTF is up with "canola and/or soybean oil"? And/or? Why not just TELL US what it is?

The and/or part is so that they can pick whichever one is cheaper at the moment without having to re-do the labels. The "Made with" is in a lot of things. I found the same thing in heath food store mayo "made with" olive oil. Yeah right, two drops per jar, maybe. I found I had to start bringing my reading glasses to the supermarket if I was going to weed out the bad stuff. I like TJ's for good and cheap cooking wine and stuff like frozen seafood, but I haven't been shopping there as much lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digby View Post
              My mother had been heavy much of her life, but the last 8-9years she had gotten very thin (dementia forgetting to eat), then she was put in hosptial on drip feed, and in just a 3-5 weeks was heavy again. Further proof of how to quickly fatten people.
              That is so sad.

Comment

• It's bloody hot - 90 degrees F and 52% humidity at just past noon and all I want to eat is carbs.
                Last edited by Lynna; 05-31-2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• People who think that they are superior to others based on their diet/lifestyle/fitness level. Sometimes a perfect body comes with a cruel spirit.

Comment

• Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                    People who think that they are superior to others based on their diet/lifestyle/fitness level. Sometimes a perfect body comes with a cruel spirit.
                    This is so true. I've had a couple vegans look down their nose at me and scoff, despite the fact that they seem to be pale and weak for the most part.
                    Whereas, i'm getting thinner and stronger, but because i'm still bigger, apparently this means that i'm failing. You're supposed to be able to drop 4 sizes overnight by magic! -_-
                    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

People who think that they are superior to others based on their diet/lifestyle/fitness level. Sometimes a perfect body comes with a cruel spirit.
                      I cannot tell you how many time people told me that IF i had the body i wanted I woudl be an asshole.

Now i dont talk to people anymore except on here
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• It's Tuesday, feels like its Monday and its so friggin hot outside, I really don't want to do a damn thing.
                        Georgette

Comment

• I bought a bunch of CDs over the weekend (yay!) but one of them is scratched (boo!). Yeah, I kept the receipt.

Seconded on the "Tuesday but feels like Monday" thing too.

Comment

• I tried to donate blood today but was told my iron was too low. WTF??? Oh, wait... we ran out of beef a while back, went from eating it a couple times a week to maybe once a week... now thinking that maybe my 5-week flu/cold was possibly influenced by that...

Comment

I've already got the cruel spirit, now where's my perfect body?

Comment

• the cat shat throughout the house today. ugh, it smelled horrible! and after cleaning it up i've completely lost my appetite which sucks because if i don't eat something before bed i'm going to be a huge bitch tomorrow (due to not-so-optimal food choices earlier in the evening). maybe the universe is paying me back for teaching my 7 yo a new word: "shart."
                                my primal journal:
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X