No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're almonds and I soaked them in tap water. Also I didn't really read about the proper way to do it, tee hee.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
      They're almonds and I soaked them in tap water. Also I didn't really read about the proper way to do it, tee hee.
      Clearly You need to soak them in salt water and give them a good 48 hours to dry properly. You can do it quicker in a low oven. They should be crispy and slightly salty and amazingly good. Better luck next time.
      My Journal

Comment

• why are we soaking nuts?
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• nuts are better when soaked?
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• Something about leeching out evil phytates or something. I dunno. Just thought I'd give it a whirl. This leads me to another gripe, if I'm allowed two in one day. I haven't been able to get macadamia nuts at Superstore all month. The only way I can get macadamias is in a mixed bag with cashews and other nuts, all roasted in canola oil. And Riverside Grocery probably sells "organic" ones for $50 a bag or something.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Something about leeching out evil phytates or something. I dunno. Just thought I'd give it a whirl. This leads me to another gripe, if I'm allowed two in one day. I haven't been able to get macadamia nuts at Superstore all month. The only way I can get macadamias is in a mixed bag with cashews and other nuts, all roasted in canola oil. And Riverside Grocery probably sells "organic" ones for $50 a bag or something.
              I'm bummed that Trader Joe's hasn't been carrying their dry roasted pecan pieces; while I used them sparingly, they added a great touch in a couple favorite recipes. Is there a nut shortage we haven't heard about?
              This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
              Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Something about leeching out evil phytates or something. I dunno. Just thought I'd give it a whirl. This leads me to another gripe, if I'm allowed two in one day. I haven't been able to get macadamia nuts at Superstore all month. The only way I can get macadamias is in a mixed bag with cashews and other nuts, all roasted in canola oil. And Riverside Grocery probably sells "organic" ones for $50 a bag or something.
                Never thought I would hear someone complaining about the prices at Riverside Grocery on an internet forum. But you're totally right.

You could always hunt down the manager at Superstore and ask about it. There's a good chance somebody misspelled "macadamia" or they forgot to order them or something. You could also try the IGA in Porter Creek, they sometimes have stuff.

Comment

• DH works a second job at Radio Shack. The manager just called him and asked him to work cuz some asshole didn't show up and wouldn't answer phone calls. At least she gave him a choice of hours to come in and he only has to work until 3.

Comment

• My gripe is that my boss and I both came in early this morning to do a teleconference. He, however, is leaving early to compensate, but I have to stay here. And it's nice and sunny out and it rained all day yesterday (my day off). And if we were on the third floor of this building, we'd have a balcony I could sunbathe on for 20 minutes, but we're on the second floor where the windows don't even open.

I guess I could walk up to the park at lunch and lie in the grass and let the ants tickle me for 20 minutes.
                    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                    CW: 146.8 lbs
                    GW 140 lbs
                    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

• I'm pissed that it's a beautiful day, and I would love to be out hiking or camping, or swimming, but I am stuck inside hobbling around like an 80 year old. NOT HAPPY.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• War! Memorial Day reminds me of lots of my family who served/still serve, a couple seriously injured in Iraq;, and my best friend's granddaughter got blown up there, and on and on. Got that song 'War' in my head today.
                        WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

• One day = only 24 hrs. NOT ENOUGH! I have too many projects to complete.

Comment

• Back to the vets tomorrow for a post-op checkup. Well, at least it's free.
                            Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Why. Do. You. Call. For. Medical. Advice. If. You. Don't. Intend. On. Listening. BAH!!!

Comment

• The town decided to fix the sewer in front of our building, which means no roads and temporary water. It also means that today, I got to handbomb 3 pallets worth of stock. 1 pallet was frozen goods, that we don't have enough room for since we had only 1/2 of the customers we usually get. 4 boxes of frozen goods..thawing. yey.
                                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Working...
                                X