• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ajax View Post
    To such people I usually send this link: Let me google that for you
    Haha, this is a priceless tool for us in the IT industry

Comment

• I pulled something in my groin area while sprinting two weeks ago and it hasn't healed up yet :/
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
        I pulled something in my groin area while sprinting two weeks ago and it hasn't healed up yet :/
        You just need the healing touch of a nice woman

Edited to add gripes:
        1) my over-sensitive coworkers who need to have either the heat or A/C on full blast. Can we not just open the windows and enjoy the beautiful spring morning? It's a little humid outside, so what? It could be January.
        2) Sparring partners who won't actually try to hit me
        Last edited by secretlobster; 05-26-2011, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Nah, in IT, you need the Magic 1000 ball or the Wheel of Fixing.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• GOTD: coworkers who have a lower bound of words they must use each day and choose to use them when you were talking..... to someone else entirely
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajax View Post
              To such people I usually send this link: Let me google that for you
              Brilliant!
              This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
              Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Anxiety, failing meds, and training I really can't miss mean I'm up at work with one of the worst feelings of nervousness and anxiousness I've ever had and I keep checking over my shoulder every 5 minutes.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  Wow, just wow. At least a cop is trained and has professional ethics etc. WTF does a bus driver have besides a CDL? From what I recall from your first post you approached from the front so according to what you quoted in your next post you are correct and she is not. Is this going to be a 'your word against hers' thing or can you pull up a witness somewhere?
                  No witness other than the bus driver, me and the kids getting off of the bus. According to a defensive driving instructor at the Delaware Safety Council it's a thin line, and he said you're supposed to stop a certain number of feet from the bus except there is nothing in writing about that. According to a former crossing guard, I did nothing wrong. So now I have to wait to see if I get a ticket in the mail and go from there. I just don't handle this kind of waiting well and feel on the verge of a panic attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                    No witness other than the bus driver, me and the kids getting off of the bus. According to a defensive driving instructor at the Delaware Safety Council it's a thin line, and he said you're supposed to stop a certain number of feet from the bus except there is nothing in writing about that. According to a former crossing guard, I did nothing wrong. So now I have to wait to see if I get a ticket in the mail and go from there. I just don't handle this kind of waiting well and feel on the verge of a panic attack.
                    Then challenge it; they will most likely drop it, or at least reduce the fine and not give you points.
                    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Having just started tracking my fertility, I read "Ovulation generally occurs on the 14th day after the first day of your last period, so you should abstain from unprotected sex for a few days before and a few days after"

Crap.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• People who ask you to watch their kids for a few hours due to their planning emergency and then never offer to return the favor! Oh - and then show up an hour or more late - on the phone and can't even bother to give more than a nod of thanks. Not that any 3 yr old boys are perfect, but this kid trashed the house so badly and wouldn't help clean up - at least my teenager felt sorry for her brother and helped!

Comment

• I can't figure out how to make a rope harness for the weighted mass I wish to lift... this annoys me, as I am rarely outsmarted by lumber.
                          Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                          Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                          Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                          Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                          ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• a good friend recommended a beef supplier to me claiming it was grass-fed and "SSOOOO GOOD", and i ordered over $300 worth. turns out it's "natural" corn-fed. ARGH!!
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Yowch, that's an expensive mistake. Along the same lines, I was looking for grass-fed beef in the organic section of our (usually really good) supermarket, and I came across some that was touted as "vegetarian fed". Yeah, corn is vegetarian. It's not that impressive that you're raising cows that aren't fed other cows. No thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                                Yowch, that's an expensive mistake. Along the same lines, I was looking for grass-fed beef in the organic section of our (usually really good) supermarket, and I came across some that was touted as "vegetarian fed". Yeah, corn is vegetarian. It's not that impressive that you're raising cows that aren't fed other cows. No thanks.
                                I was all excited about finding grassfed local beef. Upon reading the fine print, I discover that it's grass fed, grain finished. Uh, NO. So I found another dealer that saw eye to eye with me.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X