Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dalton View Post
    What is this "signaling" of which you speak?
    Turn signals...i know, no one here knows what they are either
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• UGH! Why can't I ever get the motivation to get up at a decent time and get the things I need to do DONE. My schooling is going to take forever at this rate, because by the time I get up, have breakfast, and check my email/blogs, it's nearly time for my husband to come home from work! Why am I still so exhausted! I was told this would give me energy, but I still drag myself through the day.

Seriously. I shouldn't have to sleep 11-12 hours a day just to feel like I've gotten any sleep!

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• I had to vote today (yet another special election) and they moved my polling place AGAIN. My GPS lied to me about how to get there, thank goodness I checked Google Maps before leaving the house.

Then it took me an hour to get to work because no one in SoCal knows how to drive in the rain.

In other news, apparently somebody forgot to pay the weather bill. It's been FREAKY here today!

Comment

• Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
          I had to vote today (yet another special election) and they moved my polling place AGAIN. My GPS lied to me about how to get there, thank goodness I checked Google Maps before leaving the house.

Then it took me an hour to get to work because no one in SoCal knows how to drive in the rain.

In other news, apparently somebody forgot to pay the weather bill. It's been FREAKY here today!
          Oh man, don't get me started on bad rain drivers. It rains 300 days a year here, and everyone panics. Aren't you people used to this by now?!
          I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Tried on swimsuits today. Better than last year but still ARRrGGGHHh

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
              Turn signals...i know, no one here knows what they are either

Comment

• What's the deal with (area name) drivers?!

Seriously, let's just accept the fact that there are incredibly crappy drivers everywhere.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
                  Oh man, don't get me started on bad rain drivers. It rains 300 days a year here, and everyone panics. Aren't you people used to this by now?!
                  We get a dust storm every week or so (usually closer to twice a week.) High winds, skies the color of dirt, yadayadayada. It's reasonably easy to drive in a dust storm: maintain a speed where you can see in front of you, don't slam on your brakes, and for the love of nothing holy, steer to counter the wind and gusts. If you've lived here more than a month, you've learned how to drive in one. So why is it that everyone's main way of dealing with a dust storm is slam on the brakes down to 5 mph (on a highway where view allows for at least 70 mph) and let the wind blow you around both lanes of road.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Boston weather: Five straight days of rain, GRRRRR
                    My food blog, with many PB-friendly recipes

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      So why is it that everyone's main way of dealing with a dust storm is slam on the brakes down to 5 mph (on a highway where view allows for at least 70 mph) and let the wind blow you around both lanes of road.
                      I would suspect that anybody doing that just can't handle driving faster -- in which case I'd say they'd better just drive ONLY as fast and as well as they can. Which is not well at all, but it beats driving even worse?...

That's what I keep telling myself when I'm driving behind some super-slow idiot, anyway... it doesn't work too well.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• It's the long weekend and I have nothing to do while the whole town is out camping in the beautiful wilderness. Goddammit. Someone Skype me. I am lonely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                          It's the long weekend and I have nothing to do while the whole town is out camping in the beautiful wilderness. Goddammit. Someone Skype me. I am lonely.
                          Awwwwww, Grumps. The San Diego Primals should have a party to welcome you out here. That would be fun.

Comment

• My gripe of the day:
                            I got nailed in a speed trap sting operation and got a speeding ticket.

What a crock. The motorcycle cop parks himself right at the crest of a bridge .... a bridge upon which one must accelerate to ascend. I was going along with the flow of traffic and, yes, was accelerating. I just happened to be the last in the line of about 8 cars. So he nails me, even though I was going no faster (or slower) than anybody else.

Here's the thing: the freaking ticket was $190. I figured it'd be $60 or somesuch .... especially considering I was going only 14 mph over the 30 mph limit. $190?! No school zone, no construction zone, no special circumstance. REALLY?!
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              Awwwwww, Grumps. The San Diego Primals should have a party to welcome you out here. That would be fun.
                              Yeah, that would be great!

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                              I was going only 14 mph over the 30 mph limit.
                              Maybe they calculated it based on you going almost 50% over the speed limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                                Maybe they calculated it based on you going almost 50% over the speed limit.
                                HAHA. Yeah, I just noticed that. It did look bad to me when I wrote it out.
                                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                                X