No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD: The forces of the universe are conspiring to make sure I never again get a good night's sleep. I had been asleep maybe fifteen minutes when the phone rang. It was 11:42PM! Now my beloved is in CA this week, so first thought was it was him, then through the brain-fog and rapid heart beating, I heard this other voice, asking for me, and of course my mind went to the worst case scenario in two seconds flat. Then He says, "I'm X, from National Business Advisors." I asked him if he realized what time it, he says, "Sorry about that, but ...." Then I lost it, and gave him no lack of certainty about what I thought of him, National Business Advisors, his origins, etc. I rarely use rough language, but come on, 11:42PM! Of course the adrenalin kept me awake for most of the night. What could they be telling their sales people: "Sure call at any time, day or night, our products are just that good." BTW: I don't have a small business that needs insurance.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• New to Primal and here's my gripe: Co-workers never tire of bringing in crap food. Today, it was store-bought chocolate brownies and chocolate macaroons "for our thinking caps" during a 2 hour meeting. This was with full knowledge that at some point this afternoon, store-bought cupcakes were going to be handed out for Cinco de Mayo. Am I going crazy? I also need to mention that fudge and salt water taffy were brought in on Tuesday by a member of my group (who also eats Milky Ways and drink chocolate milk for lunch). I've started to bring in veggies and dip and I put out nuts at the meeting today just to show people that there are other (preferable) options. But I just get sad seeing people gorge on so much sugar. You can't say anything. You just give your silent condolences to their bodies.

Comment

• The fact that my dogs eat dog shit
        "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
        www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

• People who are miserable at their jobs and who get angry at you for not having a job where you're miserable.

I get it. The world's not fair. Either suck it up, and change your life, or quit whining about it. But getting angry at me isn't going to change anything about your life.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• Coming home to a house that stinks of rotten chicken from the garbage. He put a pizza box in, so he had to smell it. This got me fuming mad.

Oh yeah, tired of "managing" my mental state during a rough patch that is never ending. COME ON UNIVERSE, let the damn situation resolve itself so I can move on. 2 years is enough. I am bone tired and soul weary, and just want to sleep for days.

Deep sigh, I mean breath. I think a hot bath is in order. Calgon take me away!
            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• having an ex try to win you back and says to call him at 9, I call at 9 and the phone is busy, call a couple more times until 10 pm and his phone is still busy. um yeh nice way to try to win me back douchebag!!! If that ship hasn't sailed yet, it sure did today!
              I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

• re; fasting. if you're doing it cause you read about it and it sounds fun, don't be surprised when you get hungry. effing eat
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• GotD: co-workers who have sticks up their a$$es about following all the 'rules.' I'm so sick of following rules!!

Comment

• Originally posted by primalprincess7 View Post
                    having an ex try to win you back and says to call him at 9, I call at 9 and the phone is busy, call a couple more times until 10 pm and his phone is still busy. um yeh nice way to try to win me back douchebag!!! If that ship hasn't sailed yet, it sure did today!
                    Wait, he's trying to win you back and YOU are calling HIM? lol, women.
                    PB Stats:
                    Started 5/10/10
                    Starting Weight: 215
                    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
                    Goal Weight: 160

Comment

• primalprincess, i think he's being an ass to you.
                      my primal journal:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• If one makes coffee to have with breakfast, one should remember you made coffee when you're ready to eat breakfast. Not when you're done with breakfast... :/

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MountainDew View Post
                          +1000. He`s an ass; drop him. fast. forever. He obviously doesn`t give a shit about how you feel.

Comment

• i broke my moka pot this morning!!! SOB

also, i received a CC'ed email from my FIL, addressed to my husband, wherein my FIL states "i know you're busy, so maybe Rachel can take care of this for you." maybe i shouldn't let it bother me, but dammit i was home alone with three kids for a WEEK and my husband was in another state living as a single working man. argh!!
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• yeh him being an ass was the problem the first time around so yknow, I think I have learned my lesson though with him.

lol i know i feel like an idiot when it comes to him, I know better!
                              I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

• Emailing a picture of myself...a tiny bit racey (showing a little titty)...... since we haven`t seen each other since April 26th and won`t til May 21st and the response i get is "i thought you were blonde?" when i said wtf he said he thought the comment was cute. ugh! it just rubbed me the wrong way. he said he saved his email to view at a later date on his computer instead of his iphone so he could see it bigger and he didn`t mean for his comment to be taken wrong. it just rubbed me the wrong way ya know? men!

Comment

Working...
                                X