Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    GOTD: People who park their Big Ass SUVs and super duty pickups in the "compact" car spaces taking up about 1 1/4 spaces leaving someone else only 3/4 of an already tiny space, the last one left in the lot of course.
    HA! they park like that in regular spaces - those who cannot handle their enormous vehicles should not own them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by geostump View Post
      GotD: Lights and phones go out and we still have computers. They are making us stay through our shift as this is a call center. Would've been smarter to send us home.
      Where I work they make us go to another location or take vacation.

      Comment


      • 50F (it was 61F when I got up at 4:45) and rain again. It's May for chrissakes!

        On update the temp has dropped to 48 F.
        Last edited by Lynna; 05-04-2011, 06:37 AM.

        Comment


        • GOTD: to successfully record a podcast, you have to push record on the microphone. Otherwise you're just talking to yourself for 30 minutes... :/


          Crap! I'm An Adult!

          My Primal Journal

          http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lynna View Post
            HA! they park like that in regular spaces - those who cannot handle their enormous vehicles should not own them.
            Can't drive it, don't buy it. If I can't get my corolla in next to your ginormo oilfield truck that you damn near triple parked, congratulations, you failed driver's ed 101.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lynna View Post
              50F (it was 61F when I got up at 4:45) and rain again. It's May for chrissakes!

              On update the temp has dropped to 48 F.
              Our high is 56 today and we have a frost warning tonight. Yes it may be May but I think Mother Nature thinks its March. Oh and for the month of April, Ohio has had 3 more inches of rain than Seattle, WA. Think I need to move.
              Georgette

              Comment


              • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                Can't drive it, don't buy it. If I can't get my corolla in next to your ginormo oilfield truck that you damn near triple parked, congratulations, you failed driver's ed 101.
                I really hate those big-ass vehicles. I drive a Toyota ECHO and as much as I try to park away from the big ones, they are all around me when it's time to drive away. Now, I always back into parking spaces so I can pull away more safely.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                  I really hate those big-ass vehicles. I drive a Toyota ECHO and as much as I try to park away from the big ones, they are all around me when it's time to drive away. Now, I always back into parking spaces so I can pull away more safely.
                  I can't even back in because they are EVERYWHERE and I hafta be able to really see the truck sides and stripes to have a prayer of not hitting them. I've given up and started parking out in BFE where I can pull through, because the owners of oilfield are also almost always the lazy f*ckers parking as close as they can to the entrance, even if it's not a spot, legal spot, or they have all of 6" clearance to open the truck door.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    I can't even back in because they are EVERYWHERE and I hafta be able to really see the truck sides and stripes to have a prayer of not hitting them. I've given up and started parking out in BFE where I can pull through, because the owners of oilfield are also almost always the lazy f*ckers parking as close as they can to the entrance, even if it's not a spot, legal spot, or they have all of 6" clearance to open the truck door.
                    I have one of the convex mirrors on my driver's side mirror and it helps a lot when backing up, letting me see the parking lines.

                    Comment


                    • Trying to drive home (1 hour +) and then run to Walmart to buy the incrediants to make a nice berry dessert for Mom, but knowing I have to seed my yard before it gets dark and hope I can make it to her house before she goes to sleep!? ugh.
                      Health is Wealth!

                      Comment


                      • It's my boyfriend's birthday in 2 days and his presents haven't arrived yet. Paniiiic level is slightly raised.. >.<
                        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

                        Comment


                        • GotD - dinky little trailer, long wheelbase pick-up truck, reversing a narrow S shape...... I didn't hit anything solid, but a small shrub suffered slightly!

                          Comment


                          • GotD: The lunch specials at the cafeteria at work. Every now and then they have something really good - but when you leave out the giant lump of starch, it is nowhere NEAR enough food. I just paid an extra 2 bucks to be hungry again by 2 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Fer fuck's sake. It's hard enough finding lace up steel toes in my size. Now I'm supposed to secure NFPArated flame retardent clothing by Friday. No pressure...
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

                              Comment


                              • Fucking mosquitoes....with all the rain we've had they are biting already. I went for a walk in the woods when it was in the 80s on Tuesday and now I've got itchy bites. Gonna have to remember the bug repellant next time - I like All Terrain Herbal Armor.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X