Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    GOTD: People who park their Big Ass SUVs and super duty pickups in the "compact" car spaces taking up about 1 1/4 spaces leaving someone else only 3/4 of an already tiny space, the last one left in the lot of course.
    HA! they park like that in regular spaces - those who cannot handle their enormous vehicles should not own them.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
      GotD: Lights and phones go out and we still have computers. They are making us stay through our shift as this is a call center. Would've been smarter to send us home.
      Where I work they make us go to another location or take vacation.

Comment

• 50F (it was 61F when I got up at 4:45) and rain again. It's May for chrissakes!

On update the temp has dropped to 48 F.
        Last edited by Lynna; 05-04-2011, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• GOTD: to successfully record a podcast, you have to push record on the microphone. Otherwise you're just talking to yourself for 30 minutes... :/

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
            HA! they park like that in regular spaces - those who cannot handle their enormous vehicles should not own them.
            Can't drive it, don't buy it. If I can't get my corolla in next to your ginormo oilfield truck that you damn near triple parked, congratulations, you failed driver's ed 101.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

50F (it was 61F when I got up at 4:45) and rain again. It's May for chrissakes!

On update the temp has dropped to 48 F.
              Our high is 56 today and we have a frost warning tonight. Yes it may be May but I think Mother Nature thinks its March. Oh and for the month of April, Ohio has had 3 more inches of rain than Seattle, WA. Think I need to move.
              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                Can't drive it, don't buy it. If I can't get my corolla in next to your ginormo oilfield truck that you damn near triple parked, congratulations, you failed driver's ed 101.
                I really hate those big-ass vehicles. I drive a Toyota ECHO and as much as I try to park away from the big ones, they are all around me when it's time to drive away. Now, I always back into parking spaces so I can pull away more safely.

Comment

I really hate those big-ass vehicles. I drive a Toyota ECHO and as much as I try to park away from the big ones, they are all around me when it's time to drive away. Now, I always back into parking spaces so I can pull away more safely.
                  I can't even back in because they are EVERYWHERE and I hafta be able to really see the truck sides and stripes to have a prayer of not hitting them. I've given up and started parking out in BFE where I can pull through, because the owners of oilfield are also almost always the lazy f*ckers parking as close as they can to the entrance, even if it's not a spot, legal spot, or they have all of 6" clearance to open the truck door.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    I can't even back in because they are EVERYWHERE and I hafta be able to really see the truck sides and stripes to have a prayer of not hitting them. I've given up and started parking out in BFE where I can pull through, because the owners of oilfield are also almost always the lazy f*ckers parking as close as they can to the entrance, even if it's not a spot, legal spot, or they have all of 6" clearance to open the truck door.
                    I have one of the convex mirrors on my driver's side mirror and it helps a lot when backing up, letting me see the parking lines.

Comment

• Trying to drive home (1 hour +) and then run to Walmart to buy the incrediants to make a nice berry dessert for Mom, but knowing I have to seed my yard before it gets dark and hope I can make it to her house before she goes to sleep!? ugh.
                      Health is Wealth!

Comment

• It's my boyfriend's birthday in 2 days and his presents haven't arrived yet. Paniiiic level is slightly raised.. >.<
                        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• GotD - dinky little trailer, long wheelbase pick-up truck, reversing a narrow S shape...... I didn't hit anything solid, but a small shrub suffered slightly!

Comment

• GotD: The lunch specials at the cafeteria at work. Every now and then they have something really good - but when you leave out the giant lump of starch, it is nowhere NEAR enough food. I just paid an extra 2 bucks to be hungry again by 2 PM.

Comment

• Fer fuck's sake. It's hard enough finding lace up steel toes in my size. Now I'm supposed to secure NFPArated flame retardent clothing by Friday. No pressure...
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Fucking mosquitoes....with all the rain we've had they are biting already. I went for a walk in the woods when it was in the 80s on Tuesday and now I've got itchy bites. Gonna have to remember the bug repellant next time - I like All Terrain Herbal Armor.

Comment

Working...
                                X