Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Different situation. I only make the cracks when he makes one. When he says something like, "Damn, you're gaining weight. Must be hard to move around huh?" I will respond with something like, "Lets go run a mile...oh wait, you can't." Or when he says something like, "Damn, with your job shouldn't you lose weight? What if you have to fight some bad guy?" I might respond with, "I've been trained and can take the average dude. Anytime you want to try let me know."

i don't just randomly walk up and say, "Dude, I bet my little sister could beat your ass."

Randomly threatening small people (especially women) makes you a douche. Making comments at people considerably larger than you makes you suicidal.
    He wasn't threatening me, s much as trying to spar with a touchy topic (that he KNEW to be touchy, as hed been warned) on a day when I was in a particularly foul mood and anyone and everything. I generally stay away from cracks about people's physicalities, etc. dangerous territory. With the Guys, I know where the limits are and what topics to avoid. With most folks, especially if I have no clue about them at all (no affiliations, friends in common, etc.) I just keep my mouth shut. Which, by the way, is a really hard thing to do if you have a smartass comment to make.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• 2-for-1 on the gripes today:

Polls on Facebook.

The royal wedding.

GOOD GOD WHO CARES.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        So glad you are all right, Cassandra.

My only weather related GOTD is that I was out in the sun too long today and now I have a headache. Wah!
        Thank you! And on that note, my gripe of the day is why after earthquakes in Haiti and what happened in Japan, are we so quick to raise money and resources to send to them but with what happened in Tuscaloosa is there no asking for donations for the AMERICANS?

And another thing....
        Why is it that when tragedy strikes in the south do the reporters always find the toothless-wonder with a 5th grade education and the diction of a backwoods hillbilly standing with his bare-footed first-cousin-wife with 10 kids have to be interviewed infront of thier single-wide and outhouse?
        I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• @CoyoteVick---OUCH! That's why I go to female gynos. I think they understand what they are doing to us. Been there, done that sort of a thing.
          I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassandra View Post
            And another thing....
            Why is it that when tragedy strikes in the south do the reporters always find the toothless-wonder with a 5th grade education and the diction of a backwoods hillbilly standing with his bare-footed first-cousin-wife with 10 kids have to be interviewed infront of thier single-wide and outhouse?
            good tv
            -says fellow tennessan
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

There's all of 3 of those families in West Texas, but they find them for every damn wildfire. I hear ya.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• GotD: My c-section incision opened up AGAIN. Not a lot but I am really, really frustrated. My baby's almost five months old already, this is ridiculous!
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• When my mom has huge eyes and tells me not to eat that/so much, i was eating mushrooms and meat, as she then proceeds to microwave her weight watchers endorsed frozen meal. ugh. pisses me off. and THEN tells me to go on the treadmill. lovely isn't it?
                  I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    That it is illegal to beat thin friends about the face and neck.

I have a buddy from way back who has always looked in shape (looks...he is actually pathetically out of shape). He constantly makes little comments about my weight. Now, while there has never been one day since I have known him that I could not kick his skinny ass, I have refrained from doing so. Today I get a text, "That's great you have lost that weight. Still, bunch more to go!"

Now, I honestly do not give two shits what he thinks. I have enough self-esteem for most of this forum combined but when a dude who can't do 10 pushups says some shit like that it really should be legal to beat the everliving shit out of him. Just sayin.
                    I'm generally pretty pacific, but some people really need a good asskickin'. I'd put my money on you.
                    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Hey DUDE! My eyes are about a foot north of where you keep looking!

Comment

Hey DUDE! My eyes are about a foot north of where you keep looking!
                        Tell your boobs to stop staring at my eyes then.. Ohhh you said .. Dude.. my bad.. ;-)
                        "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                        Currant: 136 lbs
                        Goal: 125 lbs
                        11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• When a sign says 50% off and nonrefundable, it means 50% off and NONREFUNDABLE. Not "Go ahead, buy for cheap then return it open and demand your money back"
                          Then have the gall to call us unethical when we have issues with that.
                          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Why can you never seem to find a working pen when you need one.

Comment

Hey DUDE! My eyes are about a foot north of where you keep looking!
                              You weren't wearing one of those t-shirts with fried eggs over the nipples, were you? Or the demure shirt I just saw on another website that said "Sluts have more fun" right across the chest?

Comment

• I was working as an engineer on a construction site a while back where there was a severe outbreak of boobfixation. I was talking to one of the supervisors and he was riveted on my chest. I was leaning against a wall so I sort of slid down until my eyes were where my boobs were. He kept looking down. Finally I was sitting on the floor and he asked if I was ok. "Yes, just trying to maintain eye contact"

I never had a problem again. With ANY of the workers
                                MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Working...
                                X