Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digby View Post
    SUCCESS! Yesterday I got a letter in response to the one I sent telling him I felt it was an unreasonable burden to have to pay to have two root canals on same tooth, and he dismissed the $1042 bill.
    Hooray!

That is always such a tricky thing. Cause I can see it from the other side too. They had to do the work twice so shouldn't they get paid? (Now I've moved on away from your specific case here cause a root canal SHOULD be a one time procedure. ) Because sometimes despite a person doing a procedure exactly how it is supposed to be, problems arise. Some peoples bodies just react differently. So should we have to pay again or should the doctor have to do work for free? It is a quandary!

But hooray that you didn't have to pay for a second root canal!

Comment

My gripe of the day is badly behaved adults. I don't know why we say people are acting like children when they are MISbehaving because quite frankly most children are better behaved than the adults!
      This is my list of things that children seem to know that adults have chosen to forget:
      1) put things back where you found them. As in the cream pitcher belongs over HERE where I can keep it filled. Sugar goes over THERE by the other sweeteners (you know... where it was when you picked it up?)
      2) Trash goes IN the TRASH can. Not the clearly marked recycle bin, not the counter top right NEXT to the trash can. Not the patio table where it can blow away.
      3) Clean up after yourself. Or at the VERY least let me know if you spilled something so /I/ can clean it up before it becomes a ground in or sticky or dried up mess.
      4) Yes refills cost money. The coffee still costs US money even if you have already filled your cup once.
      5) Please and thank you and actually stopping long enough to order your coffee are all appreciated.
      6) If I bend over backward to make your drink JUST right, make you something that isn't on the menu or bust my ass to make you 8 different drinks as fast as I can so you can hurry on your way then PLEASE, show a little appreciation. At the very least a thank you and a smile would be great and a tip in my tip jar would be even more awesome. (and if you ordered off the menu, looked me in the eye, smiled, waited patiently and said thank you when I handed you your drink then don't feel bad if you don't leave a tip.) But if you are a going to be a pain please compensate me for having to put up with you!
      :P

(its a good thing I actually like making coffee and that MOST of my regulars are pretty awesome people because a few people really are irritating!)

Comment

Noctiluca: Certainly these situations vary, but normally one would expect to be made aware that such a possibility exists. For instance, I just had rotato cuff surgery, but if it gets torn again I would see that as another surgery. The root canal was sold as a this-will-permanently-solve-the-problem procedure. I wrote a respectful letter, which could have gotten a different response; it never hurts to try and resolve a matter. Btw, he did get paid for the filling he put pn top of the root canal and where he drilled through the crown.
        Last edited by Digby; 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM.
        This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
        Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Noctiluca: Your gripe is heard loud and clear, unfortunately probably not by those who need it. I can see your list on those paper coffee cups all over America! Patent it now.
          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Noctiluca: Your gripe is heard loud and clear, unfortunately probably not by those who need it. I can see your list on those paper coffee cups all over America! Patent it now.
            Ooh! Thats a GOOD idea. It also leads me to add an amendment to my gripe list from earlier..... Don't ask for a to-go cup and then sit in the shop, drink the whole thing and then throw away the paper. Thats why we offer ceramic cups for coffee in the shop! Doh!

Comment

Noctiluca: Please note the second saying in my signature. Also, I think everyone ought to have a job at least once in their youth waiting in the general public. I did in college summers, and that was as good an education as I got the rest of the year.

Comment

Complaints, and the complaining complainers who complain them.

Also crybabies.

That's my gripe today.

Comment

My gripe: If you are going to be a miserable yob all day, please don't inflict your passive aggressive negative energy on the rest of us, go somewhere alone to be with your misery. Somewhere where the door locks-- or call in sick and stay home.
                  March Onward! Lucelu
                  My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread25231.html

Comment

Noctiluca: Please note the second saying in my signature. Also, I think everyone ought to have a job at least once in their youth waiting in the general public. I did in college summers, and that was as good an education as I got the rest of the year.
                    Absolutely! On both counts!
                    I have often said I start my day assuming everyone is both stupid and lying to me. Then any surprises can only be good ones.
                    And I have also thought that EVERYONE should have to serve the public for a while. It makes you realize just how much the majority of folks are VERY self-centered.

Comment

Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                      And I have also thought that EVERYONE should have to serve the public for a while. It makes you realize just how much the majority of folks are VERY self-centered.
                      So true! I waited tables in High School to help pay for college. That experience has made me a much more generous tipper for life.

Comment

The term "whatever!" as a response/retort. Makes me, a nonviolence advocate, want to gob-smack the source.

Comment

F#%$^&^&king TAXES and stock mergers and Turbo Tax was NO HELP!

Comment

Posted from another forum:

This has been a bad month for me. My Godfather died 4 weeks ago, my Aunt's sister kills herself in the parking lot of the local mall with a pistol (really bad there, My Aunt's mother, brother, and now her sister have all committed suicide).

One year later...:

Buried father on Januray 21st and daughter committed suicided with my pistol on January 23rd. It would seem Karma has not quit ***** slapping me, but frankly with the loss of my daughter, Karma aint got much left to ***** slap.

oh and his dog died too
                            Last edited by kenn; 03-08-2011, 06:46 AM. Reason: dead dog
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                              Posted from another forum:

This has been a bad month for me. My Godfather died 4 weeks ago, my Aunt's sister kills herself in the parking lot of the local mall with a pistol (really bad there, My Aunt's mother, brother, and now her sister have all committed suicide).

One year later...:

Buried father on Januray 21st and daughter committed suicided with my pistol on January 23rd. It would seem Karma has not quit ***** slapping me, but frankly with the loss of my daughter, Karma aint got much left to ***** slap.

oh and his dog died too
                              Now, I am going to come up with a wild and crazy thought here for this guy. If all of these people committed suicide in his life (including Aunt's sister WITH A PISTOL), the guy still has a gun around and accessible for daughter to shoot herself??!! That isn't karma.

Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by carres1973 View Post
                                Now, I am going to come up with a wild and crazy thought here for this guy. If all of these people committed suicide in his life (including Aunt's sister WITH A PISTOL), the guy still has a gun around and accessible for daughter to shoot herself??!! That isn't karma.

Carrie
                                this is why assuming is bad:

his daughter lived on her own, came to his house while he wasn't there and did the deed
                                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                                X