Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nettle View Post
    I worked in an office where someone would post things like that on the staff board. Not sure if they ever figured out who. Then oned day someone posted "Alu (?) Akbar!" underneath and very soon messages and quotes from numerous other religions started popping up as well. It got to be pretty funny. The original poster stopped posting soon after that started.
    I love this strategy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Okay, it's 59° where I am and 77° in Baltimore 72 miles away. It was supposed to reach 80° today, where's my warmth?

Comment

• Trying to be helpful and getting my head bitten off.

Comment

• I did too many squats 2 days ago and OWWWW! Broke down and took an aleve.
          Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JKC View Post
            I did too many squats 2 days ago and OWWWW! Broke down and took an aleve.
            I've decided to postpone the rest of this weeks squats .. my hips are in some killer pain when I get into the squat position..
            "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
            Currant: 136 lbs
            Goal: 125 lbs
            11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• GoTD: Inventory. We're a month behind and short-staffed. But it needs to be done asap because we have a shitload of stock coming in. We can't put it out until we have inventory done, which is going to take probably a couple weeks since we are short-staffed.
              Fucking inventory >.<
              Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• 10 Day forecast - Rain every day

Gal Dern it!!!!!!

Someone must've conducted a major ritual for Ceres
                Last edited by kenn; 04-21-2011, 06:02 PM.
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                  10 Day forecast - Rain every day

Gal Dern it!!!!!!

Someone must've conducted a major ritual for Ceres
                  Midwest I presume? We've got that coming here on top of what we've already had.
                  Georgette

Comment

• Moving. I love the new place, but I wish I could just teleport all my stuff there. Packing boxes, and more boxes, and more boxes. At least it's lifting heavy things, right?
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• When your Ex contacts you after months go by just as you say to yourself you are over him!! Men have radar when it comes to this, I am convinced! :/
                      I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

• Originally posted by primalprincess7 View Post
                        When your Ex contacts you after months go by just as you say to yourself you are over him!! Men have radar when it comes to this, I am convinced! :/
                        I had an ex who would do this every few months for quite a while, and I realized after a couple of years that it was all a way of continuing to control and mess with me. I finally told him to shove it, didn't give him my new number, and blocked him on Facebook. So much better!

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                          I had an ex who would do this every few months for quite a while, and I realized after a couple of years that it was all a way of continuing to control and mess with me. I finally told him to shove it, didn't give him my new number, and blocked him on Facebook. So much better!
                          EXACTLY. That's why ex's do that kind of shit. Luckily the ball is in your court at that point and you can say "Fook off!!"

Comment

• Oh me too. He would call me at some ridiculous hour like 3am. Last time he called it was 5 am and I told I really didn't care if he lived or died and hung up. Haven't spoke to him since.
                            That was almost...omg..20 years ago?!!
                            Holy SHIT! I'm getting old...
                            Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                              Moving. I love the new place, but I wish I could just teleport all my stuff there. Packing boxes, and more boxes, and more boxes. At least it's lifting heavy things, right?
                              Moving sucks. I moved 4 times between the ages of 19 and 22. When we moved the fifth time to the house I live in now (been here 33 years) I declared that I was never moving again. One good thing about moving though; it allows one to evaluate your junk and purge all your crap.

Comment

• Other than some German auto brands (VW Mercedes Audi) why can't we get turbo-diesels in autos here in the US? Two of them are above my price and VWs are expensive to keep up. I really want a diesel auto for my next vehicle. You don't have to worry about battery disposal as in the hybrids and electrics or someplace to plug in your electric. Other technologies are not currently available and diesels can be converted to biofuels. But the only options here is to buy a pricey European car or a hulking pickup or SUV.
                                I'm not in the market at the moment but my car is 11 years old. I have a cute little Toyota ECHO and it does get pretty good mileage. Bought gas this morning at $3.7999/gal when I drove by the station an hour later they had raised it to $3.8299. It just outrageous how they can raise prices like that. And yes I know the pay a lot more for fuel other places.

Comment

Working...
                                X