Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I was just laughing at a bottle of milk the other day. It literally had an ingredient list ("Ingredients: Milk") and then a warning ("Contains Milk") just below it. Oh crap, I was going to buy this milk until I realized it contains milk!
    Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Warning: Obvious Contents are Obvious.

LOL.
    Wanna take a bet that the milk people get sued by the govmt for violating labeling laws if they don't put this on there...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
      Wanna take a bet that the milk people get sued by the govmt for violating labeling laws if they don't put this on there...
      Yeah, I'm certain they didn't put it there out of common sense. Some stupid labeling labeling law is clearly at play, but it makes for teh funniez.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
        But they'd let them put in aspartame and NOT tell us. :/ Pretty pathetic.

(Reason I'm a libertarian #1,273)
        Healthy Bucket List:
        • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
        • Hike the Appalachian Trail
        • Do a real pull-up
        • Run a 5k
        • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
          But they'd let them put in aspartame and NOT tell us. :/ Pretty pathetic.

(Reason I'm a libertarian #1,273)
          It has to do with a requirement to list the top 8 allergens. So if it contains wheat, it will say "contains wheat". But gluten is not an allergen, so there's no way from reading the label whether they are hiding gluten within a "natural flavoring" or "spice blend".

Comment

• I bought a container of feta cheese recently that stated it was from cows not given bgh, but in tiny lettering at the bottom of the label it stated that there is no proof that milk from bgh treated cows blah blah blah. It's almost always easy to tell when the gub'ment has its stinky little fingers in something.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              I bought a container of feta cheese recently that stated it was from cows not given bgh, but in tiny lettering at the bottom of the label it stated that there is no proof that milk from bgh treated cows blah blah blah. It's almost always easy to tell when the gub'ment has its stinky little fingers in something.
              If it affects your life..... the gubmint HAS it's stinky fatazzed finger it it..... kinda like gravity makes stuff fall.... it's a law or sum such crap...

Comment

• Nowhere else to moan, but looks like I've now added full blown food allergies to the pile of crap. Now to work out the cause. It would be nice if my antihistamines actually worked though

Comment

• Damn sinus infection. Damn antibiotics.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    Damn sinus infection. Damn antibiotics.
                    did you take a pound of C today?

why not?
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• And now I have a viral infection on top of a sinus infection. What did I do to offend the gods of primal and cause them to abandon me?!
                      (No, Q, I haven't taken any C today. I'm seeing if even my regular pills stay down.)
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• GOTD: Bosses.... more specifically, bosses that raise hell about not knowing something is going on at work, when their signature is on the cover page of the proceedure that directs you to do what they claim to not know about...... grrrrrrr

Comment

• When you dose up with C, per Quelsens recommendation, also throw in D3's. Since starting the D's a couple of years back (2 2k pills AM and PM), I still am allergic to SW Ohio in fall/spring, but greatly reduced, and no colds/flu, my recurring bronchitis is gone. Never sick!
                          The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• GOTD:

I am sick and tired of working so hard and having to have to work so hard and having no alternative.

Glad to have a method to control my weight

Pissed that i need a method to control my weight.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

• Quelson - this article barely touches on some science, but it's interesting. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/he...anted=all&_r=0

It probably won't make much difference in my lifetime, but research like this might help you (I have no clue how old you are).
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Quelson - this article barely touches on some science, but it's interesting. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/he...anted=all&_r=0

It probably won't make much difference in my lifetime, but research like this might help you (I have no clue how old you are).
                                scanned and YES i am aware that it is my genes and that I am an outlier.

doesnt change the fact that if i could go back and stop my parents from procreating i would not do it... the legacy they gave us kids is abominable.

worse i am the most healthy in my family

Most days i can cope, yesterday i could not...

and i guess with epi genetics i should be blaming my grandmother... but she could not have known not to procreate.

for the record. I refuse to pass on this genetic trash. I will be the last of my genetic code. this specimen is not viable.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Working...
                                X