No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gripe. Who are these people who post catchy titles and have a long list of movies and such nonsense?

Why do they do it and why don't the mods ban them? They never get any responses apart from me biting like a shark
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• I have had the misfortune of being at restaurants with children completely out of control while their parents ignore them. Yesterday, however, the child was completely fine and it was GRAMMA who was being too loud.

RANDOM SOUND: WOOOO-WOOOO-WOOOO!!!
      Panda looks over.
      GRAMMA: WOOO-WOOO! I'M DOING IT! LOOK AT YOUR HAIR!
      Gramma is waving a finger around the head of a boy approximately ten years old.
      KID: stares at Gramma silently
      GRAMMA: WOOOOOO! I'M MAKING YOUR HAIR CURLY! WOOOOOOOOOO!
      GRAMMA: I DID IT!!! IT'S ALL CURLY! WOOOO! (bursts into loud laughter)
      KID: stares at Gramma silently, then looks in silent plea to mother

??????
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
        I have had the misfortune of being at restaurants with children completely out of control while their parents ignore them. Yesterday, however, the child was completely fine and it was GRAMMA who was being too loud.

Panda looks over.

??????
        LOL. Panda, this is what we call, "taking Grandma out of the home for a few hours." Allowances should be made, but really, she wouldn't know a real restaurant from a McD's or Ruby Tuesday, so let's get her to go there next time.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I have had the misfortune of being at restaurants with children completely out of control while their parents ignore them. Yesterday, however, the child was completely fine and it was GRAMMA who was being too loud.

Panda looks over.

??????

So funny Panda. Were they serving alcohol? Did gran have too much sugar?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
            Gripe. Who are these people who post catchy titles and have a long list of movies and such nonsense?

Why do they do it and why don't the mods ban them? They never get any responses apart from me biting like a shark
            These are foreigners who work on amazon mechanical turk. They are paid a few pennies per post to spam lots of sites to get links to the site whoever is paying wants to get promoted. Moderators who do remove them apparently work days only. They come in to a pile of reports and start deleting stuff.

They keep posting because sometimes a site will miss a post like that and it will turn into a permanent link for them.

Comment

• My GotD - I have finally finally finished reading this thread - yes, all 681 pages - and it has been *awesome*. So now I'm seriously peeved that I haven't got it to read anymore!

Comment

• Oh, and another gripe - Tesco's 85% chocolate just tastes *wrong* I knew I should have gone with the Lindt...Meh

Comment

Panda looks over.

??????
                  did you have one of these in your pocket ??????
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• LOL, everyone.

She did this about ten minutes after their party came in, so she hadn't had the time to get properly sloshed (unless she came that way from the home). Later on during the meal, she brought it up yet again to Beleaguered Grandson. "I wanted curly hair but didn't get it and I hoped that you would get it, but you didn't. No, you did not! Curly hair runs in the family . . ."
                    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Helicopters! It's supposed to about a 100 today and I just heard several flying over, fires are all we need with this heat!
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                        Helicopters! It's supposed to about a 100 today and I just heard several flying over, fires are all we need with this heat!
                        Ack. Are the Oakland Hills on fire yet? It feels like Oakland burns down almost every year. Of course, that could just be JoanieLand.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• gotd - I've been really good about my eating choices for the past four weeks, then today ate a whole 500ml tub of ice cream And it was very yummy, so I still have a full blown sugar addiction. On the other hand, I did check the ingredients for grains..*sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Ack. Are the Oakland Hills on fire yet? It feels like Oakland burns down almost every year. Of course, that could just be JoanieLand.
                            Joanie, I know the Oakland hills burned in 1991 'cause I was living in Oakland at the time, not sure about any other time though. I rescind my earlier gripe; looks like if there was a fire today it was put out, I'm not seeing any smoke.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Just JoanieLand then. But I'm very glad you're safe!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by joapple View Post
                                gotd - I've been really good about my eating choices for the past four weeks, then today ate a whole 500ml tub of ice cream And it was very yummy, so I still have a full blown sugar addiction. On the other hand, I did check the ingredients for grains..*sigh*

don't beat yourself up over that, unless the ingredients were shocking.
                                In a good dairy ice cream it's only the sugar that would be a problem. And you have your definition of addiction messed up. Just liking something is not an addiction. The body is designed to like and crave sugar, because it means energy and survival.

If you made this gorging a regular thing then it becomes a problem

Comment

Working...
                                X