No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the creek to cool off from this ridiculous heat, (it was over 100) had a great time, then while lying on a log next to the water a yellow jacket comes up and buzzes me, I'm used to bees (we have 3 hives in our yard) and from experience I know that if you don't mess with them they leave you alone, not this a**hole he stings me right on the nose! I was already having sinus issues now I'm in a whole other level of miserable! My nose is swollen, it keeps running and it feels like i'm being repeatedly stuck in the nose with a pin.

On a positive note we saw a turtle and 2 bats flew over the creek while we were swimming.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Forager, that is AWFUL! Hope you squished his abusive bug ass!

Can you take Benadryl??
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• I couldn't see to swat the darn thing! I took Benadryl as I got home.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• No kidding Texas.grok. i bought some new running shoes; maybe if i actually start using them i may eventually get to that state.

Sent using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• GOTD:

Such infrequent Saoirse sightings.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
              Went to the creek to cool off from this ridiculous heat, (it was over 100) had a great time, then while lying on a log next to the water a yellow jacket comes up and buzzes me, I'm used to bees (we have 3 hives in our yard) and from experience I know that if you don't mess with them they leave you alone, not this a**hole he stings me right on the nose! I was already having sinus issues now I'm in a whole other level of miserable! My nose is swollen, it keeps running and it feels like i'm being repeatedly stuck in the nose with a pin.

On a positive note we saw a turtle and 2 bats flew over the creek while we were swimming.
              I f**king hate yellowjackets.

Comment

• Time to experiment with those all-natural sting remedies! I think vinegar is supposed to help, but that might be kind of brutal on your nose (the smell makes my eyes water).
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Ouch urban forager!!!!

Comment

• Damnit! I hate when I can't think of anything to bitch about! F'n frustrating

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      Damnit! I hate when I can't think of anything to bitch about! F'n frustrating
                      HAH!! You and my Second would get along FABULOUSLY together! I swear, when her soul got reincarnated, the Great Swami in the Sky forgot to wipe her memory of the previous life, and I gave birth to an 80 yo gritch!
                      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• The vehicle had an electrical problem several miles from home, and we had to walk. My boyfriend was sore, what's with that? I guess he should walk more.

Comment

• GOTD: Wanting to want to get my rear out the chair to exercise.
                          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            GOTD:

Such infrequent Saoirse sightings.
                            Awww...i must try harder. I have such awful wifi in my apartment, i basically just check email most of the time.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• broke a tooth and wish I could say it was on a bone but it wasn't - it was on an orange skittle; 1 freaking skittle. bloody dangerous carbs indeed...
                              When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                              27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                              new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                                broke a tooth and wish I could say it was on a bone but it wasn't - it was on an orange skittle; 1 freaking skittle. bloody dangerous carbs indeed...
                                I'm laughing with you. A few weeks ago, I decided what the heck, and I was going to make some hummus using the last of some dried garbanzo beans that were over a year old to make some hummus. Put them in the pressure cooker and promptly fell asleep. Woke up to a smokey apartment and a ruined pressure cooker. Bloody dangerous carbs indeed...
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X