No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly. Pent-up negativity puts stress on the body. It's good to let it out.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Gripe: Last night my friends and I had game night, and they all took a "dessert break" at 10:30 pm, at which time they ate scones, shortcake, nutella, animal crackers, and cookies. They made fresh whipping cream and complained it wasn't sweet enough, so they added sugar. They urged me over and over to eat some dessert, especially the animal crackers, which are "healthy if you don't dip them in too much nutella." I can't even imagine eating spoonfuls of nutella and cookies in the middle of the night anymore.
      28, female, 5'2"
      Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
      1/12/12: 135 lbs.
      Goal: 120 lbs.

Comment

• I am a cranky PMS beast. Fortunately I should be back to my sunny, polite self in a couple of days.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Chickens who constantly cluck 'wolf'.

Love my chickens but sometimes they drive me nuts. They're free range and I live of the end of a wild land so predator concerns are always there. Thing is though they'll start the flock clucking and crowing at the littlest of things. A butterfly will set them off in the same way that spotting a coyote will. One lays and egg and starts clucking and they all join in. It all sounds the same. Today is windy and so things are flapping around and it sets them off. It's been constant this morning. Of course I have to get up and check a lot to make sure it's not something bad! I have and LGD pup and she's getting pretty good at warning if there IS actually something threatening but she's still young and not completely trustworthy. Sometimes she'll bark at a flapping tarp too. The clucking then gets my indoor dogs agitated so they feel they have to go out and check. If my shepherd doesn't go out he starts pacing and whining. So I let them out and after doing a survey and seeing and smelling that it's nothing want right back in again!

The whole crew of animals is driving me batty today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
            Exactly. Pent-up negativity puts stress on the body. It's good to let it out.
            LOL just find a positive outlet and you won't have to be *soo darn grumpy*.. :-)
            "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
            Currant: 136 lbs
            Goal: 125 lbs
            11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• I snacked and am now ashamed. -_-'
              Also, my inner nerd kept me inside for most of the day playing and watching pokemon. x]
              Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Nettle: That's my gripe most days w/ the dogs except mine eat the chickens if they catch them! A few weeks ago a fox waited in the morning until I let the dogs in and them killed my flock. Now I need to start over again w/ chicks ... Grr! Couldn't even eat them as I was afraid the fox might be carrying some desease. Now back to more predator proofing and an electric fence. Next I'll be bitching cause I got shocked!

Comment

• people who are flakes. Seriously woman, I wasted my whole day waiting on you, and now you're going to want to hang out super late, and I'm not going to do it. I have hiking in the morning, and I don't like your boyfriend. If you don't show up in the next half hour, it's game over. I'm not wasting my whole evening waiting on you too.

gah! If you say you're going to be here at 3, you freaking show up at three! you don't text me at 3:15 saying you have to push it back a few hours. So not cool!

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla View Post
                    game night
                    Ahhh I love game night. But I don't like the continuous stream of chips and soda and cookies that they somehow seem to require. "Bring food," I'm told. I bring chips for the other people. They're making pizzas. I don't need to eat while I play :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                      Ahhh I love game night. But I don't like the continuous stream of chips and soda and cookies that they somehow seem to require. "Bring food," I'm told. I bring chips for the other people. They're making pizzas. I don't need to eat while I play :/
                      I make things I can eat, like deviled eggs, and I have the kind of friends who bring things like veggie trays, kale chips, and so on. There's usually enough stuff that I can make a primal meal out of it. I guess that's what happens when your games night group is made up largely of health-conscious (but not low-fat CW) foodies in their 30s with multiple gluten-free folks in the mix.

You just hang with the wrong kind of geeks.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                        Nettle: That's my gripe most days w/ the dogs except mine eat the chickens if they catch them! A few weeks ago a fox waited in the morning until I let the dogs in and them killed my flock. Now I need to start over again w/ chicks ... Grr! Couldn't even eat them as I was afraid the fox might be carrying some desease. Now back to more predator proofing and an electric fence. Next I'll be bitching cause I got shocked!
                        Yeah my inside pet dogs will attack and eat the chickens. They have their own separate outside yard. When my shepherd was a pup he'd come out with me when I looked after them. He'd even pick up eggs without breaking them and bring them too. I thought he would be fine but then at about year in egg we were out and a chicken ran. His prey drive took over and he went after it. I had to wrestle him to the ground. My other dog accidently got out of her yard and went after them too. She is a hunter. Another wrestling match ensued. So those ones will bark and help warn and keep away predators but they aren't allowed to be with the chickens.

My third dog who is still a pup and is a Livestock Guardian breed. She's been living out with the chickens since she was eight weeks old so thinks they are her pack. The only thing I have to worry about with her is if she tries to puppy play with them. She could hurt them by accident. Her guard traits are kicking in now so she's getting even more viligent. She's a big teddy bear but get her mad and threaten me or the chickens and she'll take whatever it is down. This breed will take on grizzlies if they have too.

Comment

• I have the flu. I NEVER get the flu. But now I am on day 3 of aches, stuffies, sore throat, fever and no appetite nastiness. Bleh. Had to cancel a dinner with a friend I haven't seen in a while and may need to bail on an easter egg hunt tomorrow. And to top it off, it's a beautiful day but I get chills if I go outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            You just hang with the wrong kind of geeks.
                            On the contrary, I would say that you hang out with some exceptionally rare breed of wonderful geek.

Comment

• Game night= junk food? Not here.
                              Game night= dinner, then gaming without food here (ok, maybe pixy stix or sunflower seeds and sodas at worst.)
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Pretty people who think that makes them better than me.

Y'know what bitch? You're better looking for sure, but not better.

Comment

Working...
                                X