Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume the Boston Marathon Bombing.

GOTD: SCREW this cold Iowa spring. Outside trying to get broccoli and cabbage plants in the ground and it starts raining ice. SERIOUSLY? I'm chilled to the bone.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Yeah, I am close to Boston and heard about it within about 10 minutes. There is so much shit and lies being spread around about what happened. It's so frustrating to sit here and listen to people talk about how terrible it is one second and then spread rumors the next. And saying that we should bomb whoever did this? Yeah, that's a brilliant idea. Let's tell them that what they did was OK. I AM BEING SARCASTIC.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• So what did happen? I don't trust news sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
          So what did happen? I don't trust news sources.
          This is the best news source I have found (confirmed a lot with some friends who were in Boston and spoke to people first-hand). It's mostly compilations of local sources tweeting and interviews at this ponit, but there were a lot of articles yesterday. You can put together a lot by comparing the articles.
          Live blog: Bombings at the Boston Marathon

In short, two explosions occurred in Copley Sq (at the finish line) around 2:50PM, April 15th. This is around the time that a lot of casual runners are finishing the Marathon. The explosions occurred within 5-30 seconds of one another, within a few hundred feet. Details about the devices that caused the explosions are fuzzy at this point, but there have been reports of ball bearings taken from wounds, which absolutely indicates bombs. 3 confirmed dead, over 130 injured. Injuries vary, but the worst I have heard are that some people lost limbs. One of the victims was an 8 yr old boy, they just released information about a 2nd victim who was lived in my town (didn't know her).

No information has been released that authorities have any idea who did this or why.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Thank you, dear. I saw one article saying they arrested a 20 yr old arab guy, but I didnt believe it. Your info is much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              There is so much shit and lies being spread around about what happened. It's so frustrating to sit here and listen to people talk about how terrible it is one second and then spread rumors the next.
              I am not a Bible thumper, but there are words of wisdom in there, and it has a lot to say about gossips and gossiping. Namely - don't. I feel you on this.
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                Thank you, dear. I saw one article saying they arrested a 20 yr old arab guy, but I didnt believe it. Your info is much better.
                They did search the apartment of a Saudi national, then said he was not a suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badkty22 View Post
                  People who abandon animals. Did my first volunteer shift at the local shelter today, so heartbreaking. Probably not just my gripe of the day, my gripe of all time!
                  Yep, they definitely classify as douchebags! And some of the excuses are pathetic
                  Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Digby View Post
                    Youngest brother just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer; it has spread all over. He's gone off to Chicago to that disreputable Cancer Center of America (owner a big Teabagger supporter), who are making pretty wild claims. Bad enough to lose my baby brother, but having people goudging the dying is really the limit. Btw, even though he was always thin, he drinks Pepsi every day and eats SAD.
                    Condolenses
                    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• Well, shit.

Got word that an old friend has died of a heart attack. I mean old friend, we were in diapers together (yes, at babies). Retired fire chief, all around good guy.

RIP Ron.
                      Randal
                      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Sorry...that is hard.

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                        Well, shit.

Got word that an old friend has died of a heart attack. I mean old friend, we were in diapers together (yes, at babies). Retired fire chief, all around good guy.

RIP Ron.
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I was walking to work, minding my own business, paying no mind to the three teenage boys being rowdy on the sidewalk. Then one of them PULLED MY HAIR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
                            I was walking to work, minding my own business, paying no mind to the three teenage boys being rowdy on the sidewalk. Then one of them PULLED MY HAIR.
                            Oh hellllll naw. *head bobble and finger snap*

Did you punch them in the face?
                            My Writing Blog
                            My Twitter

Comment

• or at least kick them so hard that future possibilities of making babies is null?
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• I hollered and swore a blue streak. Typical NYC scene - a lone woman yelling her head off at three teenage boys accosting her on the street, people standing around gawking, no one intervening. I didn't expect anyone to come to my aid, but it would have been nice if it had occurred to someone that something may have been amiss.

Comment

Working...
                                X