No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngest brother just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer; it has spread all over. He's gone off to Chicago to that disreputable Cancer Center of America (owner a big Teabagger supporter), who are making pretty wild claims. Bad enough to lose my baby brother, but having people goudging the dying is really the limit. Btw, even though he was always thin, he drinks Pepsi every day and eats SAD.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• I am so sorry

Originally posted by Digby View Post
      Youngest brother just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer; it has spread all over. He's gone off to Chicago to that disreputable Cancer Center of America (owner a big Teabagger supporter), who are making pretty wild claims. Bad enough to lose my baby brother, but having people goudging the dying is really the limit. Btw, even though he was always thin, he drinks Pepsi every day and eats SAD.
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Digby View Post
        Youngest brother just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer; it has spread all over. He's gone off to Chicago to that disreputable Cancer Center of America (owner a big Teabagger supporter), who are making pretty wild claims. Bad enough to lose my baby brother, but having people goudging the dying is really the limit. Btw, even though he was always thin, he drinks Pepsi every day and eats SAD.
        I'm so sorry, Digby. Your brother just wants to be sure he tried everything: he doesn't want to die. I faced the same situation with my brother. Just love him and support him. That's all you can do.
        Joy

Comment

• Originally posted by Digby View Post
          I'm so sorry Digby. There are so many "miracle cure" salesmen out there separating desperate people from their money. As Grandma would say, "That is lower than snakes hips."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
            I have another gripe.

I have lost 25lbs in the last 7 weeks. But I haven't gone down any clothing sizes. WHAT. I have no clue. Last time I weighed this # I was a smaller pants size. Stupid body being all weird. How do you take off 25 lbs and not go down a pants size? I mean, my pants are looser... yeah... but still. Annoyed.
            I've been there. I lost 40 lbs and could still wear the same clothes the entire time. I lost 10 more lbs and all of a sudden I was 3 sizes smaller. Wot? Weird.
            High Weight: 225
            Weight at start of Primal: 189
            Current Weight: 174
            Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• My knees grind together when i sleep. When did that start happening.

Now i need a pillow between my knees to sleep pain free.

this Primal stuff is for the birds
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                My knees grind together when i sleep. When did that start happening.

Now i need a pillow between my knees to sleep pain free.

this Primal stuff is for the birds
                I used to sleep with an extra body pillow on either side in order to get comfortable when I shifted from one side to the other.
                Then one day I just got rid of the pillows. Not only don't I need them any more to be comfortable, but I can sleep comfortably on my back and tummy again. What's with that? I must be losing too much weight. Dang this primal.

Comment

• Gripe of the Day: rampant stupidity on FB. This little gem popped up in my news feed this morning:

"Dear auto correct, I live in Texas, I would appreciate you leaving my "yall" alone! It's not y'all! Lol"

Except....that IS how its spelled. Its a contraction of "you all" and therefore needs the apostrophe in the correct place.
                  If you're going to speak in a dialect please know how to spell it...gawd

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                    Except....that IS how its spelled. Its a contraction of "you all" and therefore needs the apostrophe in the correct place. If you're going to speak in a dialect please know how to spell it...gawd
                    Your right Maureen and to go a bit further with the correct gammer usage of "y'all"...

"Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

Randal
                    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                      Your right Maureen and to go a bit further with the correct gammer usage of "y'all"...

"Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

* You're.
                      *Grammar.

If you want to correct others I suggest you get your own house in order first.

Comment

• Gripe of the day:

Modern medicine and Big Pharma part 2.

A friend of mine who is in his late 40s, has been cut on, drugged up and made disabled by the medical community. Now I'll admit that this was not done against his will, he consented to every procedure and drug that was given him. But, as expected, nothing that the medical community has done has cured anything. Last time I asked, he was on over 15 medications...EVERY DAY! He has had at least 6 surgeries, that I know of, in the last 12 months.

He will never work again. He is overweight and type 2 diabetic and yes, very locked into the CW way.

Well, I got a FB message from him telling me good-bye, that he had overdosed himself and was tired of the pain and illnesses.

Long story short, help was called and they got to him on time. Now the mental health industry will no doubt add to his daily medication load without curing anything.

Fuck Big Medical and Big Pharma!
                        Randal

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                          Fuck Big Medical and Big Pharma!
                          I'm right there with you, texas.grok. I believe that listening to the "medical" community was a large part of what killed my mother. I once asked her why she ate oatmeal for breakfast every day when she was TypeII and she showed me the sheet of foods the doctor gave her. I'm sorry that at that time I didn't have enough confidence to tell her much more than "it doesn't make sense to me that they tell you to eat carbs first thing in the morning." The thing is that she loved bacon and eggs and would probably have been delighted to switch to that as her daily breakfast.

Of course, they could have killed her sooner. 25 years ago, one of her doctors started giving her gold shots for osteoarthritis. I asked a physiology professor about it. I passed on what he said. She passed it on to her doctor. They stopped those.

A long way of saying +1000
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
                            * You're.
                            *Grammar.

If you want to correct others I suggest you get your own house in order first.
                            Randal

Comment

• People harping on the news. There is so much sadness out there, I wish people would focus on the positive. It is okay to grieve, but this is warmongering.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• What news?

ETA OK went out and looked.

who would want to blow up the boston marathon?
                                Last edited by quelsen; 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM.
                                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X