Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GOTD:

Myself. I'm an idiot for asking for health advice on facebook. I asked if anyone thought it was possible to lose 12 pounds by the first week of june and this overweight girl comes right back with "uhhh yes I lost 10 pounds in 8 days" Look, i get that you're proud of yourself, and you should be, and its really my fault for bringing it up, but damn girl you're still pissing me off. I am not as overweight as you. It is literally impossible for me to lose 10 pounds in 8 days. I have been trying to lose the last twenty pounds for YEARS. Your comment is irrelevant, boastful, moot, and rage inducing in a person that hasn't had sugar for a week. Step away from your keyboard before i hurt you.

Comment

• My MIL & SIL's doctor has recommended that they try Paleo for their many, many ills...

...and I can see the trainwreck now.

...and I have loaned them three good books "Wheat Belly", "Practical Paleo" cookbook, and "Well-fed"... which I'm sure will gather dust...

Comment

• Fibromyaglia that will not frickin' go away.
        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
          Fibromyaglia that will not frickin' go away.
          Have you tried cutting out nightshades? Tomato, potato, peppers, eggplant and tobacco.

Comment

• Almond milk that just will not mix into my cup of tea!!!!!!
            It just seperates and looks really weird, and unappetizing.

Comment

• I do eat potatoes. And I know I should not. I am working on getting rid of them again and back to sweet potatoes.

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
              Have you tried cutting out nightshades? Tomato, potato, peppers, eggplant and tobacco.
              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• A friend has just bought me an ice block! They gave it to me with a big genuine smile, and I just had to accept it. Right now it's in the freezer, and I don't know what to do. I feel no urge to eat it at all, but I don't know what to tell them. They'll be offended, but...

Comment

• If it's a real friend, Traveller, they'll understand. If not, screw em'

My GOTD is this DAMN cold ass weather. I'm OVER it already.
                  The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• I have another gripe.

I have lost 25lbs in the last 7 weeks. But I haven't gone down any clothing sizes. WHAT. I have no clue. Last time I weighed this # I was a smaller pants size. Stupid body being all weird. How do you take off 25 lbs and not go down a pants size? I mean, my pants are looser... yeah... but still. Annoyed.

Comment

• Surprising. Maybe it depends on the BMI and the percentae weight loss.
                      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

• I'm about 100 lbs over weight, well, now, about 75 lbs over weight.

Comment

• Well done for losing the weight, anyway!

Comment

• Gladmorning, are you taking measurements like waist size? I think that they are much better indicators of progress.
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• First, congrats on 25 pounds in seven weeks!

Back in the olden days there were standard sizes; now there are vanity sizes. Before, sizing was from about size 2 to size 20, and 2 was rare. Models wore a size 6. Anyway, all that aside, my grandmother who worked as a seamstress and then owned a dressmaking factory told me that the difference in sizes was very small in the smaller sizes and got greater in the larger sizes. While I don't remember the specifics, it was like if you lost an inch in the hips at size 6, that might take you to a size 4, but to go from size 20 to size 18, you'd have to lose three inches in the hips/waist. With vanity sizing, it might be an even bigger difference in the larger sizes. IOW don't get discouraged.

Also, everyone loses differently. For me, either gaining or losing, it's generally my bra size that changes first; lower body comes later.

Again, congrats on the loss so far!
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanks guys.

I've measured. 1.5 inches off hips, 2 at my waist and 2 at my bust. So, yeah, I suppose it could just be that most of this has come off my upper body. I've lost this 25 lbs before. I guess I need to look at it as not just 25 lbs, but 1/4 of my goal down. I want to lose three more lbs for this month to reach my goal. I'm ok if I don't make it, but I think I can!

Um GOTD-

I've been working REALLY freaking hard at my pt job, hoping to score full time. They know that I want it, and want to give it to me, but they are also considering another girl that always freaking late. And I mean, like, 20 minutes late every day. I'm not sure why they're dragging their feet considering one of the full time people is going on maternity leave for two months. I wish they would just make up their damn minds. If they choose the other girl that already has another job AND is planning to go back to school, I am going to be freaking pissed. Like, almost pissed enough to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X