No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh... they do that all day every day. They don't have to strain. My husband can see an expired tag on a car at a glance two lanes over and four cars up. And I'm all WTF are you talking about... I can't even see it TRYING to look for it.

It's just a natural habit to see that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• 'i dont have to be faster than the bear i just have to be faster than you'

in this instance the cop is the bear and niad is you and i is the speed demon
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• The stickers is kinda like how unmarked speed enforcement cars are for 'safety'.
        I've yet to have an officer explain that in a way that makes sense. Nothing slows down / makes traffic proceed as strict law abiding citizens, and yet we have unmarked cars about....
        Yea. "Safety"
        Next time I get pulled over I'm telling the officer to eat some wheaties.

Comment

• My GOTD is stupid people. Every day at about 3pm the moron who lives butted up against the property where I live comes home with his music blaring so loudly that my home actually vibrates. Apparently, now he's gotten some auto theft device. Today, after about two minutes of his alarm going off, he finally left with his music blaring so loudly my home vibrated.

Do the world a favor: Don't freakin' breed!
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• my gripe is MEN !!!!!!

why do so many men have to be such know it alls ????????
            I am sitting out on the road, waiting for the school bus (was putting neighbours kid on morning bus), I hear this terrible noise coming down the road...thrump thrump thrump...........
            Its a big huge 8 wheeled truck with a major flat tyre..... I wave and jump up and down - but truck doesn't stop.
            School bus finally comes, kids loaded on.......
            I jump into our little wee toyota truck and speed off down the road to intercept the big huge truck. 8 kms down road, I catch up to truck, and flash lights , waving like a friggin lunatic etc.....
            Anyhoo he finally sees me and pulls over. By this stage the whole tyre is totally F----D !!!!!!

the driver says - oh yeah I know its flat, but I thought that I would limp to the drop off, another 15 kms away.
            So I say - but you are gonna totally ruin that tyre and the outside one - look its all bulbous already.
            No I'm not, says he. It will be fine. And he gets into the truck, pulls onto the road - in front of a car, who toots and gives the guy the finger, and off he goes .................
            WTF ???????
            Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM.
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• My dentist was the victim in a murder/suicide this week. I'm a major dental scaredy cat and hadn't seen her in a few years, but she was a really nice woman, and we use to comiserate about our respective exes. I guess her ex was a lot worse than she let on.

Worst part was that her teenage son was in the house when he killed her, and she leaves behind 2 sons that her sister will be raising. Just awful to do that to your kids, let alone your ex.
              Durp.

Comment

• OMG RR that is just awful............ nothing really to say except *hugs*

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  my gripe is MEN !!!!!!

why do so many men have to be such know it alls ????????
                  I am sitting out on the road, waiting for the school bus (was putting neighbours kid on morning bus), I hear this terrible noise coming down the road...thrump thrump thrump...........
                  Its a truck with a major flat tyre..... I wave and jump up and down - but truck doesn't stop.
                  School bus finally comes, kids loaded on.......
                  I jump into our truck and speed off down the road to intercept truck. 8 kms down road, I catch up to truck, and flash lights , waving like a friggin lunatic etc.....
                  Anyhoo he finally sees me and pulls over. By this stage the whole tyre is totally F----D !!!!!!

the driver says - oh yeah I know its flat, but I thought that I would limp to the drop off, another 15 kms away.
                  So I say - but you are gonna totally ruin that tyre and the outside one - look its all bulbous already.
                  No I'm not, says he. It will be fine. And he gets into the truck, pulls onto the road - in front of a car, who toots and gives the guy the finger, and off he goes .................
                  WTF ???????
                  So true. Also, THIS.
                  Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                  5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                  Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                  TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                  bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• RitaRose, I'm so sorry that something so horrifying touched your life.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Authority
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                        OMG RR that is just awful............ nothing really to say except *hugs*
                        Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        RitaRose, I'm so sorry that something so horrifying touched your life.
                        Thanks, guys. Sadly, it's very common out here. barely made the news. I would say the vast majority of deaths out here (not related to illness/aging) are either traffic fatalities (pedestrians or collisions) or domestic disputes. Just stupid, preventable stuff for the most part.
                        Durp.

Comment

• GOTD: changing clocks. Because it's almost 8pm and I'm not hungry, but I've only eaten like 600 calories today and by the time I'm hungry it could well be almost 10pm and I was just getting my sleep thing back in order but now we changed the clocks and if I eat at 10pm I won't want to sleep until around midnight unless I take a sleeping pill but then I'll sleep too long and won't wake up as early in the morning as I want and won't get the start to the day that I want which will put me in a pissy mood and ruin my Monday and I usually like Mondays because nobody has had the chance yet to piss me off and it's all because of some silly thing that goes back to when we were farmers but now no one really farms except for machines and machines don't care what time it is and it's been proven that there are more car accidents for the first week after we change the clocks and it's not like the rest of the world does it and besides that, I hate run on sentences, don't you?

B*tch-lite

Comment

• oh Joanie - I am so with you on the clock change bullshit !!!!!!! It used to drive me insane changing the damned things back and forwards, getting the children all out of sinc. Now it only impacts me and DH so not such a big deal - but it is frustrating !

...small steps....

Comment

• More hate for the time change.

I have to get up at 4:30am to get to work by 6am. Tomorrow, I will effectively be waking up at 3:30am to get to work by 5am.

That's bullshit.
                              Durp.

Comment

• Agreed- I detest DST. It's retarded. There's that saying (supposedly from some American Indian) that only a white man thinks he can cut a foot off the end of a blanket, sew it to the other end, and have a longer blanket. Exactly. Plus, I live in Alaska- around the time the clocks change we are either gaining or losing 5 minutes of daylight a day. So it makes a difference for 12 days. And screws up my internal body clock for far longer than that.
                                High Weight: 225
                                Weight at start of Primal: 189
                                Current Weight: 174
                                Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Working...
                                X