No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are situations where the parents expect too much of kids, in particular young ones, they drag them around on errands when the kids are tired or hungry or just have had enough stimulation. Babies are the closest to primal beings most of will come in contact with,
    they don't come trained to function in the modern world so not surprising that their response is to scream when they've had enough.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtphoenix View Post
      Most of the time, the screaming child is screaming due to poor parenting to begin with. They learn that screaming is a way to get what they want. This behaviour remains the same regardless of location because others tolerate it and parents do nothing when out in public.
      And then the kid gets an internet connection...................

Comment

• Can't get into the mood for 2013 since I'm still irritated about a lot of 2012.
        Last edited by Digby; 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM.
        This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
        Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• In Grok times those screaming kids would have gotten eaten.
          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Ugh, had some wheat free, organic tamari on dinner. Nightmares that night. A week or so later, more tamari, more nightmares. No more tamari.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digby View Post
              Can't get into the mood for 2013 since I'm still irritated about a lot of 2012.
              But...it's over. Even if events are carrying over from the previous year...well, really, whenever, you just have to approach it with a fresh mind.

Originally posted by Digby View Post
              In Grok times those screaming kids would have gotten eaten.
              Or strapped to trees for a while or something.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Swimsuits. I'm not concave; I don't have a 36" or greater ribcage; my tits are not in my armpits; and I don't want a one piece. That rules out 90% of bikini tops. add in that I want to actually swim and move in it without popping out, and I'm shopping online. For a swimsuit. When I have to ship back and wait for the refund on the 90% that don't fit right.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Do they sell swimsuit tops the way they sell bra sizes? Maybe try Victoria's secret. If you aren't too much of an unusual size, maybe you can find something that way.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• They do, and that's how I get them. But one manufacturer's 30DD is another's 30E is another's 30D, just like in bras.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• People who ask my opinion about their terrible CW fitness and diet regimens, listen to my elevator speech about why it will do more harm than good, then go "well, at least I'm doing something." Well then why in the FUCK did you ask me?
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        They do, and that's how I get them. But one manufacturer's 30DD is another's 30E is another's 30D, just like in bras.
                        Could you get actual tape measurements from the company (if you contact customer service)?
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Even if their tape measurements fit perfectly, there's still a chance that there's a seam in the wrong place, it just looks wrong on you, it's not flattering... same shit you get when shopping in stores for a swimsuit.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I wouldn't know, everything is too big on me haha. I need stuff with minimal material so I can just work with the "fabric" instead of fighting with the padding or structure.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• You can rip the padding out. A small hole and a seam ripper are all it takes.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• so last summer i got a strip of bathing suit fabric. i was gonna be fancy and sew me a bandeau top

i never got around to it

so i just tied it around my chest, knotted it between my breasts, and it stayed and 'held' things in place well. if all else fails, maybe that will work?
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X