No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. Father Panda used to play the Let's Talk Politics game and upset everyone. LET'S NOT.

I decided to indulge in a primal margarita* while I am there. It improves my social skills tremendously.

* The margarita isn't primal. That is just a little lie we tell ourselves, children.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• have a few more drinks and you won't have to worry about coming up with conversational starters
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• The fact that I did the pure vegan path for six months seems not to account as experience to these two people who just started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
          Extreme Introvert + Unexpected Social Event with Strangers Tonight = FAIL

All right, help me to put together a list of small talk starters that I can rehearse before five.

1. What do you do?
          2. Where did you go to school?
          3. The weather is nice.

Save us. I'm bored already.
          FORD: Family, Occupation, Recreation and Dreams. Perfect topics to talk to people, works on men and women.
          "Go For Broke"
          Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
          Small Kine-168/9%
          Now- 200/8%
          Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg0ory View Post
            The fact that I did the pure vegan path for six months seems not to account as experience to these two people who just started.
            I just chased you out of my personal journal and find you HERE, still stalking me. Greg0ory! And I can't even complain about it properly, because the title of this thread is Gripe of the Day, not Gripe(s) of the Day, and I already made my gripe.

You are a clever foe, spammer. But I am cleverer. Meet me in the Iodine Graveyard Thread and we'll lob threats and epithets so heinous that we'll both be kicked off MDA and then have no one and nothing left to us but each other.

See you there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
              FORD: Family, Occupation, Recreation and Dreams. Perfect topics to talk to people, works on men and women.
              Ah, that is a good one. FORD. Tonight the conversation is going to be wine, wine, and more wine talk, as all of my tablemates are in the business.

Panda is allergic to wine.

Comment

• I think you're better off just avoiding people.

Works for me.

Comment

• or get really pissed and dance on the table - naked !!!!!
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• This cold is wreaking havoc on my system. I have approximately zero energy and I pretty much can't breathe normally. My face is swollen, which is unfortunate with my already chipmunk-like demeanor. And then I had a medical appointment where I got to wait an hour+ to be violated with various instruments in my no-no spots. I'd been having nosebleeds all day, and one spouted during said fun times.

In the end, it was all worth it though. I got to see my baby for the first time on the ultrasound. The first words out of my mouth were "He kind of looks like an alien". Anyway, totally the most magical moment of my life. I got to see it squirm around, its little hands, and the heartbeat. Totally worth the cold stick up the...never mind.

Comment

• Primalcon 2013 is Sold Out
                      (yes I know I can be put on a waitinglist, but still )

Comment

• First: Cello, that is so cool! Cold stick and all.

Ok, so not really a gripe, more like a "huh?" I had had a couple of drinks the other night, so I walked to a grocery store rather than taking my car. I didn't need much, so I knew I could put it all in my backpack for the walk back. When I got back to my apt complex, a couple of guys were out doing shots, so I joined them. One asked where I'd been and I told him.

He started telling me how I could catch a bus there. I asked him if he knew it was only 1.1 miles to the store. He looked at me like I was crazy. Ummm... I don't get it. He's a good 10-12 years younger than I. Why would he take a bus? I could see if I got there and bought more than I'd planned maybe taking the bus back. But really? It just floors me. I consider myself one of the laziest creatures on the planet, but apparently there are worse.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• getting out of a nice warm bed and it's cold.

Comment

• siblings
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• My appetite is RAGING. Normally primal keeps me satisfied between meals, but now I'm like, eat ALL THE FOOD.

Comment

• Day shifters have no idea of the torturous hell we nightwalkers endure. People be pointing out things around the house that need done. No shit. You work ten, sometimes twelve hours a night for eight days in a row and I'll happily drop by your place and point out all your unfinished business anytime. You know what I do? You want to put a camera on my head and watch this life? You got nothing. I owe nobody any explanation for my my lawn isn't mowed, why the floor is dirty, or why there's a rusty washer and dryer in my driveway. Eight days of infinite patience with difficult patients, fussy bosses and doctors who don't know how to order labs. Bending rules to get the job done and covering your footsteps to make sure everyone is happy and the job gets done right. Then, on my six days "off", I spend the first two in an exhausted daze trying to recharge, the next two are the WEEKEND stuffed full of grocery shopping, church, trying to get ONE DAY ALONE WITH MY WIFE if I'm lucky, and then Monday and Tuesday I get to do a few things, all with the guillotine of the coming workweek overhead. There's a reason night shift pays more. We don't live. If you have a night shifter in your family - give them a BREAK.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X