No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wear a 30D. I can order online or pay mnimum $60 at a little boutique shop in Midland. That's IT. So I go get sized at the boutique shop before I buy new bras, then order a slew and hope that at least 2 fit.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• How about not getting my tax return until April 19th when I filed on on Feb14th due to a "computer glitch". THe kicker is that the computer glitched because I was trying make the first payment on my Homebuyer's Tax Credit. I was actually trying to pay them and my gratitude was me not getting what they owed me for 2 months. Sweet!

Comment

• When you're asked to make an appointment to talk about Mrs X, you know there's nothing good that can come of this, but you don't actually know WHY you have to meet. It must be something awful, so I've had 24 hours of anxiety even though I know it's not going to be anything of great meaning to me personally. My gripe is about my own psyche - is it innate that some people can shrug this stuff off?
        Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
          Don't be and be aware once they become teenagers (sometimes starts as tweens) they are no longer human and don't become human again until they reach at least 18. I found out the hard way that teens need more attention than a 2 year old - especially girls (I had twins - quadruple the trouble).
          I have 3 daughters and 2 are tweens and one about to become one. The tween years are pretty difficult and my good kid is slowly becoming the annoying kid that hates everything and rolls her eyes at me constantly. The oldest has kind of evened out even though she is ditzy. I can say that and she will agree with me. The middle one is now the difficult one at times.
          Georgette

Comment

• Women's shirts aren't made for people with muscles (or at least not ones my shape). The shoulders are too narrow, the sleeves don't fit right, but the torso fits nicely; the alternative is something that fits the arms and shoulders but is baggy elsewhere. I'll have to start going to the tailor. I have a friend who is a designer, and I think I am going to have get her to do shirts for me.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Weekly scheduling meetings blow under a deadline. Especially when that deadline is already compromised by required training. It's not a hard deadline, but I'd like not to miss it...
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• TOM. Intense sweet cravings. Wanting to lay in bed all day. Having NO motivation.

Being female really sucks sometimes.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• People who get prissy about dogs. If you have a pet in your life there is going to be a degree of hair, dirt, and possibly slobber involved. Deal with it. It's not going to kill you. Besides, the Primal Wolf Cub and I are a package deal. Love me love my dog. Or get out of my house. Your choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    People who get prissy about dogs. If you have a pet in your life there is going to be a degree of hair, dirt, and possibly slobber involved. Deal with it. It's not going to kill you. Besides, the Primal Wolf Cub and I are a package deal. Love me love my dog. Or get out of my house. Your choice.
                    You rule, sir/ma'am.

I think I'll use up a stored gripe to post two today-- Since going primal, I have way too much energy. I've walked upwards of 3 miles and want to go further. I've also run at least 400 yards.

Next off, I think I may be in a love triangle but I'm not sure. The uncertainty is what makes it hard to deal with.
                    Midterms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      People who get prissy about dogs. If you have a pet in your life there is going to be a degree of hair, dirt, and possibly slobber involved. Deal with it. It's not going to kill you. Besides, the Primal Wolf Cub and I are a package deal. Love me love my dog. Or get out of my house. Your choice.
                      Hmm, not sure I get this -- nobody who _has_ a dog (a "pet in your life") would be prissy about dogs, would they? So are you really talking to the people who associate with dog lovers? But in that case "If you have a pet in your life, deal with it" is really saying "if you know somebody who has a pet in your life"... maybe I'm overthinking this.

I will say though that if a dog owner can't teach their dog a modicum of manners or restrain the dog from jumping all over me, I reserve my right to feel prissy about it. My friend's dog knocked me over when I was pregnant after gouging big bleeding clawmarks in my legs and stomach, and they didn't bother stopping her till I was already down. Yeah, darn right I'll get out of their house. And not go back.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post

I will say though that if a dog owner can't teach their dog a modicum of manners or restrain the dog from jumping all over me, I reserve my right to feel prissy about it.
                        I have had dogs all my life...trained them, showed them and now just have them as family members. I am a HUGE dog person and I agree with you completely. I can`t stand ill mannered canines. I keep my house clean, but there will always be SOME dog hair floating around....I have a Golden Retriever and a Papillon. I think that`s the prissiness Paleo`s talking about...people who can`t handle dog hair or drool or whatever.
                        "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
                        www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

Hmm, not sure I get this -- nobody who _has_ a dog (a "pet in your life") would be prissy about dogs, would they? So are you really talking to the people who associate with dog lovers? But in that case "If you have a pet in your life, deal with it" is really saying "if you know somebody who has a pet in your life"... maybe I'm overthinking this.

I will say though that if a dog owner can't teach their dog a modicum of manners or restrain the dog from jumping all over me, I reserve my right to feel prissy about it. My friend's dog knocked me over when I was pregnant after gouging big bleeding clawmarks in my legs and stomach, and they didn't bother stopping her till I was already down. Yeah, darn right I'll get out of their house. And not go back.
                          Some people just shouldn't have pets.. if they aren't going to train them properly!
                          "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                          Currant: 136 lbs
                          Goal: 125 lbs
                          11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• I should have added the disclaimer -- I have known and loved and lived with some really great, well-trained dogs and I never had a problem with them. But bad experiences with bad dog owners (NOT bad dogs, it's not their fault!) have left me pretty leery. I guess that's my gripe of the day.
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

I am talking about someone who is dating a person who has a dog (me). Totally agree about badly behaved dogs. I'm talking about getting peeved because there is a little dog fuzz on the carpet.

Comment

• Ah! Yeah, then definitely they have to make up their mind and either be cool with it, or be gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X