No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday, I specifically asked upper management when the next round of layoffs would be and they said they had no clue, that they were playing it by ear. Today, I found out they've already notified our union that it will be the end of this week.

Thankfully, I'm safe, probably for 2 more months. But I just hate how they lied to my entire department.
    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      Dear Neighbor,

I hate your horrible little yappy dogs Sauron and Shelob and you are the sole reason I am not having Halloween at my house this year. I am going to a restaurant far away instead so that I don't have to open the door to you standing there with your dogs dressed up like angels and you shouting Trick Or Treat.

Love,
      Gay Panda
      Yell back "Trick or Treat" and slam the door in their face. Dogs don't go trick or treating. That or have some baking chocolate on hand and feed it to their dog...
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
        Dear Neighbor,

I hate your horrible little yappy dogs Sauron and Shelob and you are the sole reason I am not having Halloween at my house this year. I am going to a restaurant far away instead so that I don't have to open the door to you standing there with your dogs dressed up like angels and you shouting Trick Or Treat.

Love,
        Gay Panda
        LMAO I love this...... althou I would possibly have opened the door and zapped the little ankle biters with a cattle prodder ! (its a long handled thing that when it touches anything - gives an electric shock)
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• So, Hurricane/Super Storm Sandy passed through the area earlier this week. I live in western NY so we didn't get hit too hard. Anyways, I was at the grocery store today and walked by the bulk section and a sign on a large bin of candy read, "SEVERE STORM SNACK." I was in shock! Seriously?!?! Candy as a snack!?!? How about candy as a rare treat!!! But I guess they wouldn't sell too much candy with a sign like that.

And along the same Super Storm Sandy gripes, I heard so many people say, "Oh, you need to go stock up on bread and milk." Really?!? Because I don't drink milk or eat bread. Why not load up on protein and veggies? I hard boiled some eggs and baked some chicken which could be eaten cold. Needless to say, our power never went out but we were ready if it did. I was also prepared to do an intermittent fast if needed. Just my gripe of the day. :-)

Comment

• Grammar. Mine's not perfect, but neither does it suck. Problem is that at some point, content mattered so much more than form that we disrespected it. Publishing houses used to employ editors. Writers of soaps and other day to day media used to have degrees in some form of English. So, kids not only read correct grammar, they heard it every day.

Today I was watching reruns of a show called Favorite Spaces or My Favorite Space or some such. If I heard the phrase "most favorite" one more time, I think I would have gone out and punched someone. Really? Most favorite? Is that like most bestest?

It's a little thing. And yes, the ideas are more important than the structure with which they are delivered. But at some point you have to wonder why everyone sounds like they didn't get past third grade.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Joanie - I must apologise for all my playing on words. I love doing it, but sorry if it upsets you.
              I do not mind if you come over here and kick my butt, althou I would prefer an arm wrestle !!!!!! bring it on !!!!!! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• Hell no, Gwamma. Online, it's about delivering a message quickly. But it pisses me off when the soaps use tragic grammar on a regular basis and a show about Favorites uses the phrase "most favorite," on a regular basis.

I'll arm wrestle you and you'll win, because I have the wimpiest (most wimpiest?) upper body strength ever. I'll even accept your invite to a bed if I ever make it to NZ, but you'll be sorry, because I've been told that I snore like a machine. LOL Runs in the family.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• GOTD: We are in the process of taking our medical insurance on our family. The premium was increased by $400 because of my SO BMI of 37 and (lifestyle/nutrition related) medical problems. I'm gritting my teeth to not say "I told you so".
                  Randal
                  AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                  Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                  http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Hell no, Gwamma. Online, it's about delivering a message quickly. But it pisses me off when the soaps use tragic grammar on a regular basis and a show about Favorites uses the phrase "most favorite," on a regular basis.

I'll arm wrestle you and you'll win, because I have the wimpiest (most wimpiest?) upper body strength ever. I'll even accept your invite to a bed if I ever make it to NZ, but you'll be sorry, because I've been told that I snore like a machine. LOL Runs in the family.
                    thats fine, you can sleep with DH, cos he snores like a chain saw LOL actually that sounds wrong on so many levels!!!!
                    We have heaps of beds - so anytime just come on over !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• I love watching the trick or treaters come in. I hate the teenagers who don't show up in costume or with a younger sibling and still want candy. I'm not picky. Put on a hat, mask, or grease paint, and you've shown effort, which gets you candy. Hell, even the kid that showed up in his football uniform got candy. His friend in jeans and a tee didn't.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        Grammar. Mine's not perfect, but neither does it suck. Problem is that at some point, content mattered so much more than form that we disrespected it. Publishing houses used to employ editors. Writers of soaps and other day to day media used to have degrees in some form of English. So, kids not only read correct grammar, they heard it every day.

Today I was watching reruns of a show called Favorite Spaces or My Favorite Space or some such. If I heard the phrase "most favorite" one more time, I think I would have gone out and punched someone. Really? Most favorite? Is that like most bestest?

It's a little thing. And yes, the ideas are more important than the structure with which they are delivered. But at some point you have to wonder why everyone sounds like they didn't get past third grade.
                        As someone with Executive Functioning Disorder, I appreciate this. The structure helps me actually understand what people are saying. I often get lost in everyday conversations simply because people think they can leave out certain bits of context or get their pronouns confused. I really hope I can help teach my children to express themselves clearly someday, and that they don't end up having the same processing issues that I do.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• My gripe today is that I over slept and had to drive to work which meant that I had to first buy gas and I didn't want to have to do that until mid next week. Mortgage is due! can't spend any extra money.
                          Health is Wealth!

Comment

• Halloween!

Comment

• I brought honeycrisp apples in to work and placed them where we keep goodies that everyone can eat. There was also halloween candy there. The halloween candy is gone and only two apples have been taken.

I bought 40lbs of honeycrisps through bountiful baskets with my last order, and have been making every thing that I can think of with apples, in addition to just eating them. That said, apples fried in kerrygold and sprinkled with a little cinnamon are awesome.
                              Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                              SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                              CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_H View Post
                                That said, apples fried in kerrygold and sprinkled with a little cinnamon are awesome.
                                I am totally going to try this ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X