No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD. Whole Foods. I only go like every three weeks. Yesterday out of squid and grass fed beef shanks. Then when I got home I found out the fish lady had charged me $9.99/lb for some kind of sea bass when what I'd purchased was wild drum at $3.99/lb. They do adjustments easily, but having to save the receipt/barcode, etc. for three weeks is a pain in the ass.

Six weeks ago, I bought three different types of organic cherry tomatoes on sale. First two rung up correctly, third rung up as seedless grapes and overcharged. Again, no prob on the adjustment, in fact on that one, they refunded me the whole amount, so those were free tomatoes, but still and all, I don't really want the added hassle. sigh..
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• GOTD:
      All those suits i was waiting to wear again... when did they start looking like clown clothes on me... FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

4 suits to ebay dammit and one awesome London Fog.
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• I usually don't feel much like griping, but... I broke my little toe avoiding kid crap last Sat. night and now am too sore (need to stay off it a bit) to go walking and the weather is finally perfect for hiking ... Grrr!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
          I usually don't feel much like griping, but... I broke my little toe avoiding kid crap last Sat. night and now am too sore (need to stay off it a bit) to go walking and the weather is finally perfect for hiking ... Grrr!
          I've broken both my little toes more than once. Try taping it to its next door neighbor. That worked for me with one toe and wearing somewhat ridged shoes to give it support. Another time that didn't work and I had to wear flip flops or sandals that didn't press on the toe. In any case it's going to be sore for about six weeks and tender for awhile after that.

Comment

• Whooping cough.

Nuff said.
            Durp.

Comment

• Hospice was called in for one of my remaining grandfathers today.
              He is in his mid-nineties and lived a pretty healthy life up until the last few years.
              Macular degeneration set in a while back but it wasn't too bad and he still had decent peripheral vision and he did't let it slow him down a lot.
              He still walked and had a good strong mind and memory; he loved his books on tape.

The last few years though... *sigh*
              The end is really never graceful you know.
              And now it's time to go and say good-bye even though he won't know I'm there.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Sorry, Cori. Sending hugs.

My dad was in hospice for about a year and it sucks, but it's usually better than being in the hospital. Seems they're more worried about making you comfortable and letting you be, which is so much nicer than being poked an prodded constantly. My mom is still friends with my dad's hospice workers (he died 9 years ago) because they're just good, kind people.
                Durp.

Comment

• I know what you're going through, Cori, and my sympathies.

Try to focus on the great blessing he had of health into his 90s (!), and of all the positive memories with him.

TG for hospice.

Comment

• Hospice workers are some of the world's real heroes.

Thoughts are with you, Cori. I'm glad he had a good life for a long time and that you have the chance to say goodbye.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• GOTD - My foot is still killing me. I'm completely sedentary and had to cancel my personal training for the week. 'Tis sad. On the plus side, it's starting to feel a bit better.
                      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• I woke up way too early this morning, and I must have been dreaming about the squid I'm having for supper tonight because all I can think about is that damn squid. I really don't want to eat this early in the day. Had a small touch of Montezuma's revenge yesterday (not sure why), so maybe that's why I'm so food obsessed today. Whatever the reason, it's pissing me off.

Guess I'll get dressed and go get my daily dose of sun. Most cemeteries are closed today, and they are my go-to zones of peace. I really like slothing out on Sunday, but I swear that that freakin' squid is calling to me from the fridge. ack.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Got a new scale - the Aria - which not only records my weight, but also purports to be able to determine my fat %

I've lost a couple of pounds, so my fat % is increasing? WTF?

I don't really think that I'm losing muscle as we speak...

[yes, I know they have a margin of error. And, any one day's result is very suspect. Best to be viewed over a long time period, on a graph. But still.]

Comment

• GOTD: Sleep still elusive after surgery and 3:30am is my nemesis.. as I SWEAR I am always awake at that time. Why do they not tell you post op recovery sucks?? 3 more weeks of this? UGH!! I am movie'd out and have read a dozen books already. I can only walk small distances and can do just about nothing around the house still. Friggin' hate restrictions!
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• GOTD: Despite primal living I am sick again. Have been home for 3 days, like I don't have a job, and am having to break down and take the damn antibiotics. Really not happy.
                              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                              height 5'3
                              SW 215 lbs
                              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                              LW 172 lbs
                              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• GOTD: ate too many almonds yesterday. Paying for it today.
                                http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
                                http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X