Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD:

Poor email skilz

dont tell me you have received a harassment complaint and you wish to speak with me when what you really mean is that you need to me to testify on the basis of a discrimination complaint against the department....

Harassment is a special word.

lets reserve it for what people normally mean

now can my stomach calm down maybe i wont need to vomit
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Attempt at using roasted cocoa beans in the Keurig at work = epic fail and a huge mess.

Anyway, I had put the already ground cocoa beans in my grinder and made them finer which I was doing to make them in my drip pot. Apparently this helps to keep the water from flowing through, causing the top to pop off the reusable k-cup and water and grounds to overflow. I will try again tomorrow, leaving them in the coarser grind they come in. Wish me luck.
      Last edited by Lynna; 08-20-2012, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Got duped out of $31.95 by FreeCreditReport.com (to find out my score was only supposed to be $1, but one of the bureaus charges a lot more and *apparently* I agreed to that, though I never saw anything saying so). They'll refund me $17. Citizens Bank will file a claim when the charge completes, if I want, or I can call with FCR on the line to have them confirm their merchant ID info and talk about the charge or something to cancel it before it goes through. The process sounds frustrating and time consuming. Trying to decide if it's worth the hassle (to file the claim, don't have time to figure out the 3 way calling shit).
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Woke up to strange orange light this morning. Apparently the wind changed over night and blew the smoke from a fire north east of us into our valley. I had all the windows open to cool the house down. Fortunately I just bought a filter yesterday that fits on the back of a box fan; a friend of mine said that would help filter out smoke in the house. I hope it works because DS has a compromised respiratory system.
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            Woke up to strange orange light this morning. Apparently the wind changed over night and blew the smoke from a fire north east of us into our valley. I had all the windows open to cool the house down. Fortunately I just bought a filter yesterday that fits on the back of a box fan; a friend of mine said that would help filter out smoke in the house. I hope it works because DS has a compromised respiratory system.
            The smoke from all the fires this year has been the suck! You may want to hang out a the library, mall or other indoor air conditioned venue to limit your exposure also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
              The smoke from all the fires this year has been the suck! You may want to hang out a the library, mall or other indoor air conditioned venue to limit your exposure also.
              Couple of years ago we had to do that, even finally went out of town for a few days. It looks like the wind has changed direction and the air is clearing; which is a good thing because my car is in the shop so we can't even go to the library which is the only place in our small town with AC.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                Got duped out of $31.95 by FreeCreditReport.com (to find out my score was only supposed to be $1, but one of the bureaus charges a lot more and *apparently* I agreed to that, though I never saw anything saying so).
                If you don't need the actual numerical score and just want the credit report, you can get it from AnnualCreditReport.com for free. It's 3 different reporting agencies (major ones - Experian, Equifax and TransUnion), and you can get all 3 at once or (what I do) get one report every 4 months and just cycle through all 3. Then start over again after the 3rd one.
                Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  ^I don't know what the costs look like for your area or how you worked that out, but it would be much more than that for me. $180/mo is money I just don't have.
                  Yeah. $180/mo would make me think twice too! It's only $90/month here and I they do classes 5 times a week (3 time slots per day on M, T, Th, F and one time on Sun)

Comment

• Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.

this means i have 3 pair of pants and about 4 work shirts.....
                    FML I must buy new clothes... it is something i avoid like the plague
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                      Attempt at using roasted cocoa beans in the Keurig at work = epic fail and a huge mess.

Anyway, I had put the already ground cocoa beans in my grinder and made them finer which I was doing to make them in my drip pot. Apparently this helps to keep the water from flowing through, causing the top to pop off the reusable k-cup and water and grounds to overflow. I will try again tomorrow, leaving them in the coarser grind they come in. Wish me luck.
                      Worked better this time, but not as rich as I'd like it to be. I guess I'll have to make it at home and bring it in a thermos.

Comment

• Lynna, I wonder how that would work in a french press. This way you could leave it before you press to as dark/rich as you wanted. Is there a place to just boil water at your work?
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                          Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.

this means i have 3 pair of pants and about 4 work shirts.....
                          FML I must buy new clothes... it is something i avoid like the plague
                          I wish I were closer - I love taking men clothing shopping. (I never got the Ken doll as a kid.)
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Lynna, I wonder how that would work in a french press. This way you could leave it before you press to as dark/rich as you wanted. Is there a place to just boil water at your work?
                            I do have a French press, but I'm not sure I want to bring it to work. It's one of the pricier ones. We have a microwave. I haven't tried the French press yet, but my drip maker does a fine job. Another thing I've noticed is even when kept in a thermos, coffee flavor deteriorates, I haven't noticed that problem with the brewing cocoa.

Comment

• Cool. Looks like you'll be having cocoa at work. I don't blame you on the french press. I hadn't priced them in years and then one day I looked at some new ones and was shocked. I do love them for camping or extended stays from home.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                                I do have a French press, but I'm not sure I want to bring it to work. It's one of the pricier ones. We have a microwave. I haven't tried the French press yet, but my drip maker does a fine job. Another thing I've noticed is even when kept in a thermos, coffee flavor deteriorates, I haven't noticed that problem with the brewing cocoa.
                                I used to bring my French press to work at my old job, making fresh coffee daily with it. The only reason why I don't do so at my current job is because they have a machine that grinds beans fresh for each cup it brews, so that's a total win for me! I do use my press at home on the weekends, when camping, and for making iced coffee at home.
                                >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                                >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                                >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X